Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo. I happen to have bought a 2005 R6... but I have no idea whether to distinguish it between a regular R6 or an R6s. The stock decals are gone, and the pipe was pulled off of another bike and chopped up to make this one. So, basically I was wondering if there is a noticeable visual difference between the 05 R6 and R6s. Help? Pictures?

:dunce:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't it supposed to be faster?

·
Registered
66 Posts
heh, no

2005 there was no r6s. 2006, 7 and 8 they made the r6s which is basically the same body style as your 2005 r6. the 06-08 r6 has a new body style and is "faster" then the r6s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Uh, I purchased the service manual for the damn thing and it says on the cover:

2005 R6
2005 R6s

I think there was one. But the damn book doesnt help me any. I think i'm mechanically retarded sometimes. :screwy

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yes, show them what is up.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
I didnt think there was an 's' model in 05 or earlier either...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. Book says there's an 's' for 05. So, should I just break down and check engine codes, then come back for some tech head reading this to look up and tell me what kind of bike I have? lmao

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Ha Ha Ha, not sure what to tell ya on that one!

Bike looks good though either way!

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
pretty sure r6s model didnt start till 2006. the 06-current r6s model is basically a 05 r6 with 04 forks

plus it never came in black- just candy red and blue

i would def say its an regular r6 '05

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
solerpwr07 said:
pretty sure r6s model didnt start till 2006. the 06-current r6s model is basically a 05 r6 with 04 forks

plus it never came in black- just candy red and blue

i would def say its an regular r6 '05

Alright. It's just an R6. I was just out lookin at it, and the book does say there was an 's' in 05. Do service manuals lie?

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
i know when you PMed me you said you didnt have a raven. did someone change the plastics or paint it? if not, where did you get it in montana? Ravens are rare there. only 2 where sold in great falls. possible in the entire state.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts