Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say what's up guys! I live in Maple Grove, MN.

I took the MSF course last spring hoping to get a bike in the summer but it didn't happen. My fiance and mom will disown me if I get one (especially a crotch rocket).

Anyways, I really have the itch to get one, and probably will this summer.

FYI- I'll be 21 in July and will get married 6/3/06. I've been browsing this forum for a bit, and I think I want to start on an R-6!

Any comments welcome!

ciao!

Jake

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Jake,

I live in Forest Lake (Northeast of you) I'm 35 and I started like you always wanting a bike but afraid of being disowned by the family. Two years ago I just bought an 86 Honda Interceptor and this past fall I bought a 2003 R6 and love it. Sad but true, I waited until my mom passed away before I bought one and now I wish I would've just bought one when I was in the Navy. Keep working on them, they will more than likely give in.

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark.

Yeah, I think they will have to come around once I bring one home. :hammer

Since you started on a smaller bike, do you recommend the same for a newbie like me?

I want to just hop on a sport bike and get going!

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
itislegit said:
Just wanted to say what's up guys! I live in Maple Grove, MN.

I took the MSF course last spring hoping to get a bike in the summer but it didn't happen. My fiance and mom will disown me if I get one (especially a crotch rocket).

Anyways, I really have the itch to get one, and probably will this summer.

FYI- I'll be 21 in July and will get married 6/3/06. I've been browsing this forum for a bit, and I think I want to start on an R-6!

Any comments welcome!

ciao!

Jake
If you are not even married yet and she is allready telling you that you can't do something you had better watch out, this is only the start of it. Before long you will be owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ninja316 said:
If you are not even married yet and she is allready telling you that you can't do something you had better watch out, this is only the start of it. Before long you will be owned.
True, but all in all, she says I can do as I wish, but she would just be scared and nervous about it all the time. She thinks I am going to do wheelies and stunts and stuff....PSSSSHHHHHH! (well, maybe once I get good, eh?)
(she realizes that I am an agressive driver) and I keep trying to convince her it is CONFIDENCE! :hammer because it is, Dangit!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
my g/f at the time told me that I would not own a bike as long as her and I were together.

I told her the day she had a ring on her finger was the day she had a say in what I do. The next day, I bought a bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts