1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Styling
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Was searching the net for something completely irrelevant to this, but happened to stumble upon this video.

Homemade Yamaha Smog Block-Offs

JB Welding the hole isn't a new thing, but if you can't pony up the $23-35 to buy some legit ones then why are you doing the mod, and why do you even still own the bike? That's 2 full tanks of gas in the bike-- pretty insubstantial. If you jimmy-rig important stuff to save a few dollars then I'd hate to be there when one of those JB Weld plugs fails and shit hits the fan.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
back when plates were a MINIMUM of ~$40 shipped, i can understand - but i've got em for $23 shipped for this week. that's hard to beat - especially considering "rigged" is rigged, and jb weld is about $6. saving yourelf $17-18 isn't worth it, imo. saving yourself $33-34 would be. idk... maybe that's just me.

(*see my sig for the payment link, if you're interested)

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I used vacuum caps for over a month with absolutely no problems, in my opinion much bettter idea then JB weld which i have nothing but bad experiences with.

Cant go wrong with AGG's plates tho, thats what im sporting now too :toocool:

·
Styling
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured it would be useful info to someone out there. Like I said, I was searching for something totally irrelevant to block off plates and just stumbled upon this video and figured I would post it in the how-to section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts