Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

What design (keep in mind that it will be pink)?

• Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smokey flames

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously i'm a biker chick and i'm very proud of that. When it comes to paint jobs, i like to stand out... completely original and i like to design it myself. What i'm hoping to do it take a Ravan R6 and add some color... this is where the girlishness comes in.... i want to have hot pink accents. Now i'm not changing my mind on the color, but i'm at a loss for the design. Like i said i want it to be original, but i still want it to look good to other people other than myself. So here are what i'm thinking:

·
Registered
416 Posts
pink on a raven :throwup ... just my opinion .. it has nothin to do with the pink or hot pink but hot pink on a raven should be illegal ... maybe u can keep the color but what about the whole bike with hot pink with diffrent designs ; i just don't see it lookin gud on a raven .. just a thought ..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey on a black bike what I love is that chamelion paint that goes between 2 colors depending on the light and angle, use that see if you can get like a very dark purple to pink color and do flames, on a black bike when its going by its like the flames are coming out of nowhere as the angle and lighting changes.

BE4TNUT

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea about the two toned paint...thanks. As for the thong... maybe if it is a nice day out.

but umm.....pink being illegal.... :bash :321

Love you all :moon

·
Registered
416 Posts
pink on a raven to be exact .. if u had a pink or hot pink bike then thas iite .. :roll:

as far as the pink thong idea im all for that .. take some pics n' post up :hump

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Naomisix said:
I like the idea about the two toned paint...thanks. As for the thong... maybe if it is a nice day out.

but umm.....pink being illegal.... :bash :321

Love you all :moon
yes, illeagal on the bike!! and yes, take pics! :boob :hump :cheers

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Hmm... taking a brand new Raven and painting it pink? :poke Now its what you want to do and there nothing wrong with that... but why buy a brand new bike just to turn around and have it painted? Why not buy a used or salvaged bike and have it painted pink?

I just can't find the logic in buying a bike brand new for that much money and then repainting it almost immediately. And not to mention that the Raven is def. one of the best paint schemes out there.

In terms of the "two-tone" paint that has been around. I would suggest either DuPont Chromalusion or House of Kolors Pearlescent paint. Chromalusion comes in a VAST assortment of colors, but one of my favorites has to be the color known as fireball or any of the Jade prizms that they offer. Purpleen is probably the most popular of all their colors. If you would consider the color-changing... go to a local body shop and they "should" have a little booklet that has all of the different prizms that they offer (there's a lot).

Good luck no matter what your decision is... although I don't think I can vote for pink.[/url]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jesus you must be related to my G/F? She wanted a black R6 with Pink ghost flames or...... :throwup J/K "Louis Vuitton cherry blossom" paint job not the entire bike but just where the graphics were and get the seats covered in the same fabric... :throwup :throwup But women????????

·
Registered
416 Posts
im not ne good at all in fashion by ne means .. but that bag looks like shit .. my uncle in india cud proly make one for u for less than 5 bucks haha .. peace :cheers

oh yeah .. what happend to the pink thong??! :repost

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Manoah said:
maybe you leave the bike alone, and ride wearing nothing but a hot pink thong!
I agree best idea i've heard yet, and please don't forget the pics.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Black with some pink accents is fine... KANE stunts a pink and black bike here in LA and he doesnt look like a puss to me (even if it is a shitzuki)...

I just wonder what your going to do with those red lined rims? I personally think it would clash with the pink.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think I saw KANE at stunt wars last weekend, he was wearing a t shirt that said "real men wear pink" or somethin like that, and stunting on a pink bike. There is also a no holds barred fighter that wears pink shorts when he fights, can't recall his name.

As far as the pink on a new raven, if that's really what you want to do... maybe just change the windscreen pink and the accent stripes on the wheels, paint some frame and swingarm sliders, & bar end sliders pink. Stuff that will add pink but not permanently change the "RAVEN." And if you are willing to wear a matching thong I say PLEASE DO go for it! just my 2 pesos
:cheers

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I gotta agree with RedRocket and Echoes....why a new bike and paint it pink? I know you want some accent colors, but there are people out there willing to give their first born for the raven paint scheme and you have it and want to change it??? I'm all for personal style don't get me wrong, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. If you gotta do it though, don't do that damn barbed wire thing. You might as well just cover it with fuzzy leopard fabric then. Get somebody to do the natural flames with pink and purple highlights. That might not be too bad. But ya still gotta get rid of those rims cause like Echoes said they're gonna clash. I bet you could find a few takers here for them though.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Naom,

do it how ya want. there are a ton of cool tribal type designs out there you can have enlarged and put on or you can have flames but as well. what about taking another scheme and modifying it to suit your needs?

example.....

http://www.virginmobileracing.com/gallery/1024/side_on.jpg

but replace the black parts with pink. just a thought. also, look at other schemes out there for ideas and inspiration. like the bike echoes posted up. I think its a trick ass design. some elements of that i think are really cool.

As long as you do it and you are happy with it, thats all that matters. your bike, your ride, you do it how you want!

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK let me clear some things up....the whole bike is not going to be pink. It is only going to be accented in pink. Maybe somehting on the tank or somewhere else if it suits me, but it all depends on the design.

As for the Brand new Raven paint scheme...that is why i'm using the raven, it is because it is all black (except for that little red, which i forgot about- momentary laps). I wish i could show you what i want to do... I'll get back to you on that. Maybe i can make up some skeches and upload them. (that is if i can fix my scanner) But here is something to help picture it.

I'm more leaning towards the flames myself now and well, if anyone is going to do them, it is going to be me. But the yellow will be the pink, the orange a darker pink, and the red possibly a purple. But yeah if that helps anyone.

I'm not changing the paint scheme for the Raven, i'm just adding to it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you could take the 03 special edition red and black flames and convert it to pink and black i think it would look hot... or maybe pink and gray, either way i wouldnt buy a 05 raven cause of the gay wheel strips which would need to be painted pink anyways

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think Pink and Black would look bad ass for a female..... If you kept the black and replaced all the red with pink to include the pinstriped wheels, and maybe your own accent here and there, maybe the smoke or the barbed wire, that would really set it off and keep a kind of orignal Raven flavor to it.... Just my .02 cents though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts