Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys... I should be getting my akra slip-on pipe with my airfilter and PC3. Ive read around of a honeycomb in the headers.. Is there anyone who can tell me how dificult it is to take them out? The pros and cons if I were to take them out? I wanna know because the reason being is I dont think the 08s are very loud even if you have an aftermarket exhaust on it.. I had the akra megaphone n i was so dissapointed with the sound. and that was just literally just a pipe. So yea... If you guys can let me know more on how to take out the honeycombes. Cheers guys.

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
As far as I know slipons don't really do much as far as performance or sound goes. The honeycomb you speak of would require you to cut the mid muffler off and hollow the tubes just forward of the said muffler out with a screwdriver or other "hammer and sharp object combination". I've just done this to my 07 myself to build my own midpipe and said screw it and just cut the section that contains the "honeycomb" off because of the threat of not getting that one small piece that could get sucked back in on decel. If I were you, and seeing as you've put a fair amount of parts on the bike already, I'd get the full graves works exhaust, it is just a flawless piece of engineering. But hey if its just sound you're after search "midpipe" in the forums and do a little research, the topic is pretty popular and mjsperformance seems to be the best bet for a sound solution. So good infact that I have modeled mine after his since it was so well received by our friends here. So with that i hope you can make a better decision on what you want to do. Good luck and keep us all posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts