Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working to get my bike back together putting back the fairings, replacing the left clip-on (yes, where the horn button is), and replacing the clutch lever also... I find my horn doesn't work now.

I took the button assembly apart, nothing seems to be wrong, so I'm thinking it has to be with or around the horn itself. Where is it located and what could be wrong. Could my friend and I have dicked it up messing with the left fairings (all of them mind you)... ????

Thanks,
-Solace

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about grounding... I know what it is and the concept, but don't know what wire to ground or what. And seeing I know NOTHING about the R6 horn, and where it's located, I have no idea. Any suggestions???

Thanks,
-Solace

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah it does seem like a grounding issue......if there is anyway you could find a wiring diagram for the bike that will have the answer for you....or at least what wires need to be connected where .......what year is the bike.
If you tell me that ill look for a wiring diagram and have my bro take a look at it .....hes good at wiring

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Solace,
I had to experience this myself when I had my spill last year and having to replcace the headlights, front fairing, & check the straightness of the forks. The horn is located under the lower triple bracket. Just above the front wheel fender. I noticed that the wiring where it connects to the horn (slide type connection) can easily come off. I guess mine slid off from my spill. But do check that connection if the contacts are even touching at all.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts