Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend me and about 7 of my buddies planned out some things that we could do. The weather was great and we all finally had some free time. We decided to hit up this airport that has 2 or 3 turns on Friday and hit up Savannah on Saturday. Everyone was excited for us to finally get to ride together since last year. Well on Friday 9 bikes went to the airport 8 bikes came back. A friends friend with a 2007 Daytona Triumph wrecked his bike. He was okay but his bike is pretty crashed up. I don't have any pictures of his wreck. On Saturday after a wonderful day of riding and we found an abandoned track in Savannah we thought the day couldn't get any better. On the way back, about 8 miles away from home, my friend with a GSX-R 1000 starts to gun it and gets clocked at 137 mph by the police. We thought he was gonna keep going but he pulled over because if they police didn't get him they would have got one of us, nice thing to do in my opinion. He went to jail, we got his bike back to his house and when he called he said his ticket was around 1400 dollars:eek:!!!! So I thought the weekend was over, everyone was just gonna chill on Sunday. I get a call that wakes me up around 11:00am from a friend that is the roommate of another guy we ride with saying he got in an accident and his bike is totaled. I was like holy shit is he alright. He told me he broke his leg in about 4 different places and after he hit the ground his shoe was up near his ear and he had to push his leg down to the ground:yuk:!!!! His bone broke through the skin and its pretty graphic and I won't post those pictures. Other than that and some rash he is alright. Bike totally destroyed though. Seems that he was behind a girl and swung out to the left side to pass her but she made a left turn and he and the bike went over the hood. The dumb chick had the nerve to walk up to him, leg messed up and everything to ask him what was he thinking........ Ya it was his fault but that wouldn't come out of my mouth if I hit a biker and it was his fault. He has insurance her car will get fixed but that was just shocking how she didn't even care if he was okay. Anyways here are some pictures of his bike. The bike is a 2008 gixxer 600. My friends managed to pick it up and toss it in the back of a truck and bring it back to their house.

Update: Seems to be that the chick moved over to the side and waved him to pass, he hesitated and she assumed he was waiting on her. Him made his move to pass, she made her move to turn, bam! accident happened. He hit the car going about 55 mph as he was speeding up to pass her. Surgery went great and he is in good condition.
Please ride carefully guys!!!!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Seems that he was behind a girl and swung out to the left side to pass her but she made a left turn and he and the bike went over the hood. The dumb chick had the nerve to walk up to him, leg messed up and everything to ask him what was he thinking........
Why is she dumb, sounds like your buddy wasn't riding too smart.....

Thats not to say I don't do dumb things too, but when someone else is at fault, and they just messed up my ride, I'd be upset too, and probably ask them "what they where thinking".... Bike or car doesn't really matter.... Just saying.

Glad everyone is relatively "ok" though.

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Sorry for your weekend. Sounds like you guys had too much testosterone flowing and had to release it. Take it to the track. You have some great choices in the Atlanta area.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why is she dumb, sounds like your buddy wasn't riding too smart.....

Thats not to say I don't do dumb things too, but when someone else is at fault, and they just messed up my ride, I'd be upset too, and probably ask them "what they where thinking".... Bike or car doesn't really matter.... Just saying.

Glad everyone is relatively "ok" though.
The dumb part was in reference too what she did after the accident. We all know he wasn't riding the way your suppose. I think its a little weird after a man goes crashing over your hood and leg messed up to walk up to him and say "what were you thinking etc.." and complain about her car. Ya I would be upset too about the car being messed up but a person's life is way more important than something that is going to get fixed in a couple weeks. Just my opinion.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Good thing you didn't get into a wreck. I would have cooled it after the first wreck and think of it as a sign if someone I know trashes their bike then I could be next this week.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I woulda backed over his ass. **** up my car because you're being a dumbass, you won't get any sympathy.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
So your friend went on a different lane or on the same lane to pass??? If it's the latter, then I really can't sympathize that much. Its one thing for people to get into accidents on the street and have it be the other person's fault because they weren't paying attention, but those that are induced by the rider its hard. It sucks, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts
Ouch.

1. Good call on you staying home. Last time my buddy went against his "feel", he ended up totaling his bike. Listen to your gut at all times.
2. Good for your buddy stopping and not running from the cops. Glad someone has the balls to own up to what they did.
3. Cagers rarely understand what it means to ride a bike so I'm not shocked the driver of the car was giving your buddy crap. Some people are unreal.
4. Hope your friends (riding buddies) that wrecked are gonna be ok.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Dang, took him to jail? kinda surprised. Figured it would just be a huge ticket

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang, took him to jail? kinda surprised. Figured it would just be a huge ticket
Ya, Georgia State Patrol took him to jail, I thought the same thing, he was just gonna get a huge ticket but its the ticket and the money to get bailed out that had to come out of pocket. I haven't really had the chance to talk to him about it. Everyone is just in shock on how bad this weekend went. Everyone pretty much put their bikes up for a little while.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ouch.

1. Good call on you staying home. Last time my buddy went against his "feel", he ended up totaling his bike. Listen to your gut at all times.
2. Good for your buddy stopping and not running from the cops. Glad someone has the balls to own up to what they did.
3. Cagers rarely understand what it means to ride a bike so I'm not shocked the driver of the car was giving your buddy crap. Some people are unreal.
4. Hope your friends (riding buddies) that wrecked are gonna be ok.
Ya, he is a good guy, we are all coughing up about 100-150 to help him pay for the ticket, so he shouldn't worry about 700 or 800 dollars on the ticket. I haven't heard anything yet, I know he is okay and just recently had surgery on his leg.

·
2,121 Posts
DANG MAN! Hope everyone heals up.. That Gixxer looks pretty fcuked and from the gist of it so does your friend... Damn man

·
Registered
82 Posts
Worst weekend that ive ever experienced.....Im pretty sure that im just not going to be taking any serious rides besides for going to class for awhile... Too much has gone on this weekend =/

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldn't say that, I'm sure you have booked it on a highway.....you just didn't get caught. As far as the accident goes, not smart at all but sh** happens, and a lot of people have done stupid things on their bike and not get hurt including myself, that aint the point of it though. just ride safely.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts