Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am trying to order Hot bodies undertail
but I found that there are different kinds
I see Smoke, and Unpainted are only 129.99 and other blue, yellow etc are 229.99
Why is there such a big difference in price
which one did you guys get???
If you guys have hotbodies undertail please post pictures and tell me which one it is!!
and do i have to drill holes to put on license plate if I get this??

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey Guys, I am trying to order Hot bodies undertail
but I found that there are different kinds
I see Smoke, and Unpainted are only 129.99 and other blue, yellow etc are 229.99
Why is there such a big difference in price
which one did you guys get???
If you guys have hotbodies undertail please post pictures and tell me which one it is!!
and do i have to drill holes to put on license plate if I get this??
i dont have that undertail but im guessing the price gap is because they can get away with it. if u get the unpainted one ur gonna have to go get it painted somewhere and that's a hassle plus obviously they'll charge u to paint it. probably just a convienience factor more than anything. as far as the holes go, no idea

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was gonna get one, but decided against it. I dont like the idea of having to tape my tail light in place, or drill into plastic. I might just custom fab the blinkers onto my current plastic. You dont have to drill holes for the plate bracket, but thats what it tell you to do. You can mount the bracket where the flat black plastic meets the painted plastic. The cops might not like it back that far though.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I would shy away from Hotbodies stuff. Do a search on here and you will find quite a few people who have had fitment issues with their stuff ranging from windscreens to undertails.
:stupic

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
hotbodies is crap.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
get the plugs for the undertail or do like I did and fill all the holes and smooth it out. Looks way cleaner that way.

·
I ate your sister
533 Posts
Where do I get the plug for the rear pegs ?
BTW don't buy the hotbodies undertail. I bought it and it broke at the corners where it screw to the undertail. It broke off in a matter of months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a hotbodies undertail and I have had no problems with it. the paint looks pretty close to factory and the lights work great.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Where do I get the plug for the rear pegs ?
BTW don't buy the hotbodies undertail. I bought it and it broke at the corners where it screw to the undertail. It broke off in a matter of months.
They come from europe. Not sure who gets them, will have to search for that one.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
my hotbodies undertail fits great. Plate is at the "free mount" location. Also the pegs you can get at russell lowe <[email protected]>

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Hotbodies is junk... except for their flush-mount turn signals. I have those and they're nice. Otherwise... Junk.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
I'm really happy with my hotbodies undertail. Fit was perfect and install was easy. Not having to mess with fabbing something and then finding a way to relocate a plate light and turn signals was well worth the money.

You will have to drill two holes or the plate brackets. I'd suggest picking up some metal L brackets at lowes to use instead of their plastic ones mine snapped when I hit a pot hole. There's been a little paint chipping, but I have the matte silver one which doesn't have a gloss coat so I figured it would eventually. For the $240 it cost me I've been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so....... I just decided to go with competition werks fender eliminator and flush mounts
and I will be installing them this weekend!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have one. Wasn't impressed by the quality, but I really like the looks. I wish it had pre drilled holes for the plate brackets. Getting an integrated tail light is also an option for cleaning up the back end.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
I have one. Wasn't impressed by the quality, but I really like the looks. I wish it had pre drilled holes for the plate brackets. Getting an integrated tail light is also an option for cleaning up the back end.
Or both like me :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts