Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Everyday I'm hustle'n.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago while I was riding, the heat from the engine was blowing really hot air onto my legs that I almost couldn't take it any longer. I felt as if my legs were gonna get burned if it wasn't for my pants. Anyone have this problem and is there anything I can do to remedy this? Thanks.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Wait until you start to notice that the frame gets hot, too. I thought it was just that radiator hose by my left knee and was thinking about getting a heat shield for it until I realized that the whole (aluminum) frame of the bike carries heat, too.

The best thing to do is get moving on the freeway and that temp will drop fast.

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts
Hey Herman, just as Gravis said,
It all depends on what speeds ya doing. Also if its a hot day you'll feel it more cos your engine will run hotter!! Sometimes it can feel like your legs are gona melt but thats usually when you get caught in towns and slow moving traffic!!
Get up to speed (and it doesn't neccesarily have to be freeway speed) and it will soon cool down!!!
PEace.

·
Registered
458 Posts
hell yah It was 98 in LA the other day and I was stuck at a railroad crossing for like 6 minutes I thought I wass gonna melt

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
be very thankful u guys dont have an undertail exhaust, it gets ridiculous in the summer.

i always hear people say, "those most be so fun to cruise around on a hot summer day".
i reply back with "sure if your idea of fun is having a 200* heater under your crotch".

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
just think of it as birth control... sperm count drops at higher temps. :sing

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've encountered this same issue with my 08. My 03 did not get no where near as hot. I think it may have to do with the vents in the fairing. They are more open now. I could be way wrong. But anyways, I've found myself moving my feet outwards on the the pegs. This moves my legs futher from the bike and it helps. This bike is a hott b1tch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts