Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has heard any kind of info on the hotbodies undertail exhuast?

any body out there have one yet? any info would be great.... :!:

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,238 Posts
I honestly don't like the hot bodies undertail because i like the pipes to show. my preference for undertail is a Wolf system.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I dont know I think it would be pretty slick having it hidden, but I dont want to spend $800 to try it out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
now that one really looks like a poop chute. i saw a gixxer 1000 with one when i was driving a while back. kinda loud but again, i would rather have at least some of the pipe showing.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
FASTFREDDY said:
I was wondering if anyone has heard any kind of info on the hotbodies undertail exhuast?

any body out there have one yet? any info would be great.... :!:
the only info that I have heard has been negative... about fit, finish (color matching) and construction.

If you use the search there was a thread a while back that had a bunch of info on HB's products.

·
Registered
836 Posts
+1

I have seen one up close and personal. A lady aquantence of mine had it on her R6. It doesn't fit right, it doesn't look right, and it didn't sound anywhere near as good as the Micron that it replaced.

Not only that, the guy that helped this girl put it on the bike said that it went together so badly it was the most frustrating thing he had ever done to a motorcycle. And this is after he drilled and safety wired his racebike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You said scorpion exhausts are nice... the shop over here in O-side, CA didnt have good things to say about them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hotbodies

Not sure if your interested or even if this answers your ques, but if you like the clean stealth look, maybe just buy a Hotbodies undertail fender Eliminator kit and add a high mount pipe (Devil?). I've heard those Hotbodies exhaust kits are really loud, which could be your preference? Performance, I thought I heard you lose a couple HP's...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts