Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
addicted to track
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so despite my better judgement i bought a hotbodies tail for track days (it was $36 on ebay, figured i could deal with the fact that it wont fit well).

anyways, anyone ever installed one on an 03-05? do you need to cut part of the battery tray (the piece on the right side that seems useless but is there for extra cables). it looks like i need to extend the tabs with fiberglass too cause the holes are too far apart.

anyways, any tips would be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
best tip anyone can give you is to put that sucker back on ebay and buy somthing else or make your own tail out of paper and duct tape it will be higher quality then hot bodies...They should issue a warning with that crap cause ive never seen a kit line up with out a dremel tool...

·
Registered
917 Posts
best tip anyone can give you is to put that sucker back on ebay and buy somthing else or make your own tail out of paper and duct tape it will be higher quality then hot bodies...They should issue a warning with that crap cause ive never seen a kit line up with out a dremel tool...
:werd try oppracing they have good quality tails

·
addicted to track
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol. its gonna take extra fiberglass and a dremmel tool. but for 36 i can deal with it. all i wanna know is does the battery tray need to be modified. i know lots of people have used these so someones gotta know. thanks

·
My R6 rocks!
161 Posts
so despite my better judgement i bought a hotbodies tail for track days (it was $36 on ebay, figured i could deal with the fact that it wont fit well).

anyways, anyone ever installed one on an 03-05? do you need to cut part of the battery tray (the piece on the right side that seems useless but is there for extra cables). it looks like i need to extend the tabs with fiberglass too cause the holes are too far apart.

anyways, any tips would be appreciated
I"ve got both the superbike tail and the other.... and yes they are a huge pain in the azz!

I did have to cut the battery tray to remove that piece sticking out and I had to drill some other holes to make it stay in place. The worst thing about the superbike tail is the tray that keeps it up off the sub frame, every time the bike goes down I have to pull it apart and re - center that thing.

·
addicted to track
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help! the superbike tail is the one that does not use the stock seat, correct? i have the one that uses the stock seat. by drilling holes did you mean in the tail or in the battery tray? did you just use zip ties, cause thats what i was gonna do

·
addicted to track
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well after i cut that part of the battery tray off it pretty much slid right on. Need to drill some holes somewhere so i can attach it better but its pretty solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts