Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 04 R6 and i'm looking into new exhaust. Anybody have any opinions on HotBodies kit? I can't stand side exhaust because of i guess personnel reasons that's why i want an undertail kit. Unfortionantly, there is only two companies that i know of that have these undertail kits. Wolf is the other but there price tag is alittle steep for not a very big difference with the HotBodies kit. SportRider did a thing months back on like 30 pipes....all tested on my exact bike. It's amazing how almost all the pipes tested had very similiar results without tweaking other things on the bike. Anyone with experience or "opinions" on undertail exhaust let me hear. I'm not buying the exhaust until April so i still have alittle time to do some research. Thanks!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have not seen it or heard it in person, but personally I do not like hot it is setup. You will lose the storage compartment so if you decide to get a PC3 or something later I have no idea where you could safely mount it. Persoanlly (judging from pics) the only undertail exhaust that I like for the R6 is the IXIL. Do a search on the forums and you will find a few threads on the undertail exhaust discussions.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I personally don't like any of the undetail exhausts available for the 6. I do however really, really like the way a highmount with no passenger pegs looks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never heard of an "IXIL" so i guess i'll have to check them out here. Yah..........most people i talk to are against the whole undertail but like i said, i'm just not a fan of baggage on the side of a bike so to speak. I know it takes up the trunk space but that's not why i bought the thing, plus i'm not too worried about pumping the machine up because when the 2006 R1s come out, i get that and my wife wants the 6 and only then will i have a bike worth pumping up. I'll check out this IXIL company as i continue my research though............thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can find IXIL at indysuperbike.com. They carry them. Also go to the website of theirs to check out the specs and what not

Matt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BE4TNUT said:
I have not seen it or heard it in person, but personally I do not like hot it is setup. You will lose the storage compartment so if you decide to get a PC3 or something later I have no idea where you could safely mount it. Persoanlly (judging from pics) the only undertail exhaust that I like for the R6 is the IXIL. Do a search on the forums and you will find a few threads on the undertail exhaust discussions.

BE4TNUT

Tell me you were not serious about the IXIL undertail exhaust. Have you seen the other undertail exhaust kits? The IXIL kit sticks out almost 5" beyond the R6 tail! Wolf doesn't and well.....HotBodies gives it an awsome clean flush look by the muffler being hidden. Thanks but no thanks! I would stick with side exhaust before i got IXIL. Look at the HotBodiesRacing R6 and then tell me IXIL is the shit.........whatever.........

·
Registered
537 Posts
dracer said:
BE4TNUT said:

BE4TNUT

Tell me you were not serious about the IXIL undertail exhaust. Have you seen the other undertail exhaust kits? The IXIL kit sticks out almost 5" beyond the R6 tail! Wolf doesn't and well.....HotBodies gives it an awsome clean flush look by the muffler being hidden. Thanks but no thanks! I would stick with side exhaust before i got IXIL. Look at the HotBodiesRacing R6 and then tell me IXIL is the shit.........whatever.........

Well first off here are pics of both....

Now the IXIL stils out maybe about an inch I would say. Me personally would never buy anything from HotBodies due to a previous thread here abotu the bad fit for their undertail sections (not sure if the ones they do for the undertail exhaust are the same or not) and I have heard alot of bad about their customer service. Just search for the HotBodies thread and read through. They may have turned things around but I dont know.

Personally if I was choosing one of the 2... I would go with the IXIL. Please dont try and argue personal oppinion, because thats all this is.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BE4TNUT said:
dracer said:
BE4TNUT said:

BE4TNUT

Well first off here are pics of both....

Now the IXIL stils out maybe about an inch I would say. Me personally would never buy anything from HotBodies due to a previous thread here abotu the bad fit for their undertail sections (not sure if the ones they do for the undertail exhaust are the same or not) and I have heard alot of bad about their customer service. Just search for the HotBodies thread and read through. They may have turned things around but I dont know.

Personally if I was choosing one of the 2... I would go with the IXIL. Please dont try and argue personal oppinion, because thats all this is.

BE4TNUT

Yah..........i've seen both. Don't know why you wasted your time posting pics but whatever. I called IXIL for deminsions on wheel clearence now that there is a bunch of "baggage" right above the tire and i asked how much the canisters pertrude beyond the end of the tail section. He tells me "It only goes out maybe a couple inches beyond the tail section and i'm not sure of the exact clearence from the canisters to the tire but i will send the schematics to your e-mail." Ok.....i'm waiting. Talk about screwing your company. Maybe they should train him alittle better you know? HotBodies guaranties their product for craftmanship and fit for the life of ownership and thats it. Wolf is the same and i'm sure IXIL is but i forgot to ask the idiot on the line. I'm fully aware stoneloco that undertail exhaust don't make a significant difference in performance but then again, i did'nt buy an R6 for top notch performance. That's why i'm waiting for the 2006 R1 so i will actually have something worth pumping up......and yes.........i'm keeping the R6......my wife wants to ride again and she's fairly comfortable with 600's. Thanks for the input guys but I think i have made my decision.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
IMO.. the HB looks... :throwup There's a whole tread about this on here.... It just looks fugly..... Granted that the IXIL is not my mugg of beer, but it does look better then the HB.

Devil makes an underseat for the 6... granted it's a "race only" pipe.

I liked the looks of the Wolf underseat but I believe that he stopped making them - I could be way off, maybe only stopped powercoating.... I'm not sure.

Each to their own, if you do get the HB let us know how it went, how it sounds, etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts