Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Hotbodies undertail for an 04 R6. Im having problems lining the holes up. It seems one side is ok but the other side then gets thrown off. I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE! I can't install my Micron highmount untill I change my undertail

·
Registered
443 Posts
How far off are the holes? Really off? I had some trouble with mine, I think some times you might have to either trim a little so it fits in nicer or round out the hole a little. Make sure all you wires are tucked away nicely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem on mine. Check and make sure the excess blinker wire isn't getting wedged in there. I had to stretch it out and tape it lengthwise down the tail. Also make sure the wires leading up the tail to the break light are in good and not rubbing. Lastly make sure that the rear side up by the break light is in good and even. It took me a few tries. And even when I got it all together it took a little squeezing and lining up. Take your time and make sure all the clips are in good. I had to do one of the pop clips under the seat several times before it wouldn't pop out on its own.

Worst case, call Hotbodies. I had to call their support guy because I had two different colored blinkers, and they were very helpfull and responsive.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
MIne were off just slightly, but with a little english and a few cuss words, I got them lined up and set in there just fine.

Make sure all your bolts for the tail are out, then it will move around some. After the undertail is on, then tighten them all back down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.