Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many houston and surrounding area riders do we have on this forum?

·
carbon rocks
77 Posts
one on the south east side. :toocool:

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pasadena area? anyone else?

·
carbon rocks
77 Posts
i work close to pasedina. There is a meet today at vito's on nasa Rd 1 put together by a local forum. Was going to swing by, you should check it out. I know there is more but most don't vist this section of the forum

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
come on people. i know we have alot more this this on here.

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
live downtown. but always on the northside

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I will be in Galveston for a weekend...but live in DFW...sorry for the threadjack :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
katy area here!

however, i sport the galveston beach house when i have nothing to do on the weekends.:werd

·
Registered
322 Posts
Northwest...just north of willowbrook

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am looking at buying an 2008 r6. I am residing in the west southwest area of houston... any suggestions where i can get a good deal and wat price range am i looking at???

thanks and regards

·
Registered
322 Posts
i put a reply in the other houston area thread

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
check craigs list... that's where i got mine (had 2300 miles on it and was/is MINT). you could always go to the local stealership but the only "wiggle room" they'll give you is MAYBE a free jacket/helmet/etc. nothing off the sticker these days... too much demand. good luck.

also, check the classifieds on www.motohouston.com to see what you can come up with. but be sure to ride anything you're thinking about buying... some "people" are very hard on their bikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I am just curious at wat range i will be getting into before i go bargain. I saw on ebay that they are selling the bike i want (08' yellow r6) for $8200 brand new... wonder if that is a good price or i can do better.

I know most riders take care of their bikes, but once in a while u get some that dun. and when that happens i only have myself to blame and i really hate that feeling. so i try to avoid buying from private sellers.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Northwest. Jersey Village. You guys know a good mechanic around. I need to get service done for my 6

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
yea... look in the mirror. that's the most trustworthy guy you'll meet. :) seriously though, you can do it yourself. hell, i'm in tomball and gp1300r's up in conroe. we could do it at my place and GP could bring the stand. (you bring the supplies and beer) :)

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I am just curious at wat range i will be getting into before i go bargain. I saw on ebay that they are selling the bike i want (08' yellow r6) for $8200 brand new... wonder if that is a good price or i can do better.

I know most riders take care of their bikes, but once in a while u get some that dun. and when that happens i only have myself to blame and i really hate that feeling. so i try to avoid buying from private sellers.
Dude, buy it off ebay. I got 07 r6 on ebay for $7500. I paid for shipping $125 via FexEx. No Tax. I told them it was gift when i went to register.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
yea... look in the mirror. that's the most trustworthy guy you'll meet. :) seriously though, you can do it yourself. hell, i'm in tomball and gp1300r's up in conroe. we could do it at my place and GP could bring the stand. (you bring the supplies and beer) :)
HAHAHA. I know my way around a car but i really don't have much clue with a bike. I know how to change an oil but i know there are other things to check on a bike when service is done.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts