Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, in Albuquerque, the cops have been pulling us over for really silly offenses. Stuff like not having both hands on the handlebars, visor on helmet raised and so on.

So, are you getting pulled over for crap like this, too?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thats bull, they must be bored in your area.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the "hundred days and nights of summer". They are getting people for crap. We win most of the cases in court, but they still write them. We also file complaints against the officer, hoping to change things. We're not holding our breath.

·
Registered
91 Posts
68 in a 65... no ticket but still. :nono

·
Registered
372 Posts
Up here in Nor Cal I havent heard to much about the bike people getting messed with but they are cracking down big time on modified cars!

·
r6 is my life
260 Posts
riding with one headlight? the other one is burnt out? what? you gotta be shittin me officer...its the damn bright num nuts

·
Registered
853 Posts
They're so bad... that when I do a wheelie past them while flipping them the bird, they just look the other way.

Actually, I don't ride the streets that cops are usually on, I never really see them.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Police are going to be a little more bias to sport bike riders. They do have a bad reputation for running, stunting, and extreme speeding. It sucks man, but thats the label that you get when you ride on, but so so worth it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
^^this is true!! where im at the cop cars arent so bad its the stupid motorcycle cops that bust my balls, and the little towns around here are pretty bad too!

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
T-1 is the best cop around if you own a donut shop:fact

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
I've also heard that cops don't bother guys in full leathers as much as they bother the jeans and sneakers guys.
they'd be the first person i'd pull over, due to the fact that they got their gear on for full blown race mode:toocool:

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
ya hundred days and night of summer. im in albuquerque but i just got my bike a month ago so i havnt been pulled over yet.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
ya hundred days and night of summer. im in albuquerque but i just got my bike a month ago so i havnt been pulled over yet.
its only a matter of time...

·
Registered
127 Posts
thats why you got to become friends with the cops that do ride and you wont get in trouble.. half the people i ride with are local cops and it works out

·
Registered
65 Posts
You mean getting pulled over for not putting my feet down at a stop sign and being followed around for doing nothing wrong....yea about that

·
Registered
932 Posts
Cops around here give me rides home from bars...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts