Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be fun...or those that go to track days, how did you chose your number? What is its significance? Any fun stories?

To start: I chose mine to remember a dear friend of mine who went down, it’s his birthday.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha too bad you didnt hit the bullseye, you could have painted a target sign on your bike..haha, look like your sponsored by target too

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a funny question because I can't believe how much time I wasted thinking about this. '76' because I was reading a book "1776" and was tired of thinking about it. Yours is good because of the significance to you. I should have used darts...

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
My 1st track day was with 2-Fast, and they randomly assign you a number if you don't have one. I got 67, so I stuck with it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I chose to ride with the beast.... Best picture ever is when I beat this guy at my first WERA event. He races for Christ and his number is 316... as in john 3:16

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
I took the first number on the list that was not taken...

·
All about the corners
3,900 Posts
Paytheon said:
Damn! I thought you got your number by the number of hospital visits.:D
Last night Rileigh came up and asked if my arm was better yet? I said not yet...she started crying and said she wanted it better so I could pick her up..

This is by far the hardest injury situation I have ever had.... two young kids that I can't even hold right now...:(

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
YamaDan said:
Last night Rileigh came up and asked if my arm was better yet? I said not yet...she started crying and said she wanted it better so I could pick her up..

This is by far the hardest injury situation I have ever had.... two young kids that I can't even hold right now...:(
Man, that's gotta break your heart:( Hope you get healed up soon.

·
Will Race for Food
136 Posts
89 my old football number
98 figured I would reverse the numbers
890 change of the last digit.

Got 790 from the race orgs, which changed the next year to 79 not much thought went into 79 except I already had a bunch of 7's and 9's and had trouble fitting all three numbers on the tail.

Z

·
Registered
55 Posts
I plan to start doing track days & i want to use 2012. it holds significance to me but not sure if four digits is practical. if not 12 then, which i'm sure is a commonly used number. any thoughts guys?

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Stick to 2 or 3 digit numbers. Good luck trying to fit 4 on the bike :)
12 is not that common, you should be ok.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i chose number #47 cause it's my sleep number:D
nice number. My 1st track day my receipt number was 1147, one of the instructors said to use the last 2 digits of it if I couldnt think of one so the photo guy could seperate all of us. Ive done alot of track days since with number 47, the only 2 I didnt run a number I crashed out of. Should have known since im super superstitious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts