Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the motorcycle world, I just got an '04 R6 last week. The bike is in beautiful shape, and I want to keep it that way. If you were going to be obsessive compulsive about maintenance on your bike, what would you do? After each ride? After every XXX miles? I want to come up with a prioritized list of things that I can do (especially after every ride or two) to keep my bike it top mechanical and cosmetic shape. Thanks for the info.

PS - I did a search already but couldn't come up with anything. If there is already a thread for this just point me in that direction.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Use only micro fiber cloths and spnges for washing. Use only plastic and clear coat safe wash. Polish after every wash with plexisus or honda clean or something similar. Clean chain with some simple green and a grung brush and lube with chain lube after cleaning about every 300 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the after ride clean can be as enjoyable as the ride? Good wax, good rags, good music, and good beer!!!!!!! mmmmmm sweet beer...ha ha :drink:lmao

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Do to a recent experience I would suggest some frame sliders and bar ends. Other than that, some meguirs plastic cleaner, and plastic wax is good.

Any car wax should be fine for your tank. Make sure you cover electrical parts when hosing her down. Don't put her away wet if you get caught in the rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts