Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the below picture my shift lever is bent to shit and it actually looks like everthing is fine except the lever including the bearing housing ... how do i get the shift level off my bike to replace it?

In this picture what is the cover called that has all the rash on it?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
For the first question you just remove the pivoting allen bolt and disconnect the lever from the shifting linkage. These will both be dificult to remove so have a good bite with the wrench or whatever...you dont want to strip these out.

As for the second question about the cover..it is the crankcase cover

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K thanks for the advice i got the pivot bearing unscrewed with an allen wrench, and now the shift level is just swiveling freely ... look in the below pic ... do i remove the shift lever with a larger allen wrench stuck right in the middle of the circle of the shift lever? cause there isnt one in the repair set yamaha gave me and i was hoping to pull this apart tonite.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Your tool kit should come with 2 different size allen wrenches, and that one looks like the larger one. If not, you'll have to head to the hardware store tomorrow. Might as well by a whole set, you'll need some big ones to put on frame sliders.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
For the first question you just remove the pivoting allen bolt and disconnect the lever from the shifting linkage. These will both be dificult to remove so have a good bite with the wrench or whatever...you dont want to strip these out.

As for the second question about the cover..it is the crankcase cover
Don't know for the first question, but for the second question it's more accurately the stator/generator cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts