Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 r6 and was wondering what would be the best way to go about doing a full system wih a megaphone tip. i want as much top end as i can get. anybody know what brand flows the best for top end. i dont care to much about losing low end. thanks

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
mjsperformance.com makes a mid pipe using stock headers. it eliminates the cat completely. it'll fit right into a megaphone and will absolutely scream

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
DO NOT DO THAT. it is soooo abnoxiously loud! it makes a harley with pipes sound like a Prius next to you. and it vibrates your right foot very bad. i had it like that an it was horrible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what would you recommend for top end. i know it would be rediculously loud, i think i could handle that but the vibes i couldnt handle. i want to do cams and head work down the road so i want somethin that will flow.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
so what would you recommend for top end. i know it would be rediculously loud, i think i could handle that but the vibes i couldnt handle. i want to do cams and head work down the road so i want somethin that will flow.
Just buy a full system and run it without the can. You could sell the can to get some of your money back. Ill buy you can if you got the full M4 system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the MJS systems as good as your name brand stuff or is it worth extra money for somethin everybody knows?

·
Registered
44 Posts
why you only want top end?...the best performance comes out when you work all the motor can give ya. low mid and high its like the weak link if one is bad its gonna drag the rest of you down..the 08 r6 did make their mid range issue better than th 06-07 but its still their. i'd say get a full exhaust and cams, PC III, and a air filter. you'll notice the power differance right away when the bike pulls sooo nice through all the RPM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why you only want top end?...the best performance comes out when you work all the motor can give ya. low mid and high its like the weak link if one is bad its gonna drag the rest of you down..the 08 r6 did make their mid range issue better than th 06-07 but its still their. i'd say get a full exhaust and cams, PC III, and a air filter. you'll notice the power differance right away when the bike pulls sooo nice through all the RPM.
well you cant have the best of both worlds. like when you do cams, you have cams for mid range and for top end. their has to be sacrifice somewhere. yeah i want the mid as good as it can be but i dont want to sacrifice end for it. on the stock bike they meet in the middle to try and have the best of both worlds.

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
I would recommend a full system, PCIII and filter. if that does not give you enuf top end power. the best mod to do is to trade it in for an r1. HEHEHE

·
Will work for parts...
201 Posts
Im also thinking about getting the MJS performance Header and then using the Akrapovic Megphone slip on. I want it to be really loud, and im sure i could using some kind of vibration dampening to get rid of the buzzing... Any chance a map for this already exists for a power commander?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts