Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a fender eliminator kit on my 08 R6. I have the seat off, and I am trying to get to the 4 bolts to take stock junk off. Too bad there is this plastic piece that holds the wires in a little clamp that I CANNOT figure out how to pull back or off...

I'll break the bitch off if I can not find an answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can see the bolts underneath this plastic piece as I pull back on it, but how do I get this off?

·
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!
550 Posts
Take the screws off of the bar that locks the rear seat into place and you will have all the room you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am mechanically retarded... I used the allen wrench and got the top bolt off, the 2nd one is underneath the plastic and I can not get to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the 08 Fender Eliminator is a bitch to do.. No 30 min job here... What the hell guys!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just did this the other day the whole rear seat locking mechanism has to come out to access the screws. Basically just start removing things until u can get to them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
or u can bend the plastic peice so far back that it gives u enough room to stick a 1/4 inch rachet in there with a 10mm socket to unscrew it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts