Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been trying to figure this out for awhile, im sure its something simple. how do i remove the right side footpeg? it looks to be riveted with no pin or anything to remove. i check the service manual i have and it was of no help at all. thanks:toocool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
On my 04 (sure its the same for your 09), it is riveted. You can either drill it out, replace it, and re-rivet it. Or if you remove the full right-set from the bike, there is an allen head on the back side allowing you to disassemble the set. The peg and the spring-loaded folding part that are riveted together come out as one piece. I just replaced that and put my set back together when I had a broken peg.

Edit: Sorry, you don't have to re-rivet it; you can just use a short nut/bolt combo, but be sure to use some loc-tite

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 09 as well and just changed out the pegs, what i had to do was cut the bolt with a ziz wheel, its kinda like a grinder. i couldnt get a drill down there due to the exhaust being in the way. then i just got a bolt and nut from home depot.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I just got my front foot pegs mounts in and I'm like wtf searched the form. That is a stuiped design in my opion. Looks like 20min project to change the rears the fronts won't go as smoothly. Thanks for the having this post done :)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
On my 04 (sure its the same for your 09), it is riveted. You can either drill it out, replace it, and re-rivet it. Or if you remove the full right-set from the bike, there is an allen head on the back side allowing you to disassemble the set. The peg and the spring-loaded folding part that are riveted together come out as one piece. I just replaced that and put my set back together when I had a broken peg. I trying to

Edit: Sorry, you don't have to re-rivet it; you can just use a short nut/bolt combo, but be sure

I'm trying to drill it out and what am I doing roung

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts