Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 R6 and was going to paint the windscreen, but some of the backside bolts are next to impossible to get to. is there an easy way to do this???

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I get the nose cone off?? I removed every possible screw I could find. The only one I think I missed is one off the headlight assembly. I got the 3 on each side, the plastic ones in the middle underneath. I saw I think 2 off of the headlight assembly, is that all there is?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You need to remove the whole front section in one piece by undoing the the two bolts that connect the bracket to the head stock. Having both the mid pannels and the two samll black pannels in the faring removed before you do this makes life easier.
Loosen the two jubilee clips on each air duct, and unclip the wiring block thats under the nose come bracket.
After you have undone the two bolts holding the bracket to the frame, you can remove the whole nose cone in one pice.

After it has been removed, you can now gain acess to all the screws to remove the clocks to gain access to the screen bolts.

Pain in the arse for what should be a 10 min job.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn, I don't know if I feel quite that motivated. I will save it for some riany weekend when I am really bored I guess.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tell me about it. One of the small lights in my clocks went about a week after i had fitted a double bubble screen, So I had to remove the whole lot again to replace the bulb. Once youve done it once, its allot quixker the next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:poke

My screen just unscrewed off, lifted out and the double bubble slotted back in, screwed back in and voila, took me 5 minutes to do (ok 20 cos I kept losing the damn washer/nut things) and I've had to do it twice now :cuss becuase I smashed my double bubble recently when I had a bit of an "accident" :stupic

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you trying to make me look like an ass Carig :moon .

I think maybe I just love taking the bike to bits and putting it back together again too much.

I wondered if you might pop up on this forum :cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
:boob

I thought it'd be rude not to mention how easy my screen was to remove.

Thanks for reccomending me this forum Gibby :mrgreen: Will have a look about here from time to time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it was a little late, I decided to grab the center screw backing unsrew it and see what happened, had the pliers on the rubber gromet pulled and it wasn't moving so I had high hopes, I got everything out just fine. except for losig one of the washers because I was 1/2 assing it and had to remove the middle side fairing to get it out. It is all taped up with the first couple coats done.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I removed my screen to put a Sportech Chrome on on, same deal as Craig. Took me 5 minutes, no problem at all (sorry)....

AL

:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts