Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank and the upper fairing? I have just started to paint my bike and I must say right now it is looking pretty dam good. But I just want to make sure that I remove the tank and the upper fairing correctly. Also when removing the upper fairing do I need to remove the headlights? I hope not.

Also does anyone know where i can get clips from that connect the tail to the undertail?

Well thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
PrettyR6 said:
The tank and the upper fairing? I have just started to paint my bike and I must say right now it is looking pretty dam good. But I just want to make sure that I remove the tank and the upper fairing correctly. Also when removing the upper fairing do I need to remove the headlights? I hope not.

Also does anyone know where i can get clips from that connect the tail to the undertail?

Well thanks for the help in advance.
To remove the tank, remove the two bolts near the front where the clip ons are, swing it up and back, then remove the one bolt at the pivot point. disconnect any hoses (remembering where they go) and it will come off

uppar fairing is more difficult remove the screws that hold it on to the fairing stay (there are 4). It is actually easier to remove it with the headlight as one piece.

Those clip things can be purchased at your local Yamaha dealer.

Post pics when you get it painted!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts