Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a leather suit for my first track day yesterday and I was wondering how everyone stores their leather suit? I was just gonna put it in a bag and hang it up? Is there anything else I should do before I store it? My track day isn't until July at VIR. Thanks for any advice.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Just like my nuts.... hanging in a dark place...slightly to the left.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
but do you manscape your suit??
I do, but not with the detail I do my nuts... Would you like to see my interpretation of an Abraham Lincoln portrait...stove pipe hat and all....:laugh:bowroll

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,747 Posts
I do, but not with the detail I do my nuts... Would you like to see my interpretation of an Abraham Lincoln portrait...stove pipe hat and all....:laugh:bowroll
:yes I mean :nono

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
i have mine on a hanger in the garage. that's it. eff spiders! :laugh
That's exactly where mine's at...in my garage, that is. :laugh

Had it in the coat closet, but it just looks better hanging up in the garage! :D

And yeah, damn spiders and spider webs all over it. Stoopid spiders...

in a closet...with my gayness
:eek5

but do you manscape your suit??
I don't manscape...my suit. :sing

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
cwazy how a simple thread gets so outta hand

store in coat closet, dont have anything funny to say :nono
Wow...you suck today. Go stand in a corner. :hehe

But really, it doesn't matter where/how you store it, so much as how you take care of it. I've only had mine for a couple of years, and it's only been worn a couple of times (second time I wore it, I had a collision with a vehicle and it tore a hole in the left hip expansion area, haven't worn since...need to fix). But I would think leather conditioning would be prudent in the long run to prevent it from weakening/cracking/wtfe...

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I just bought a leather suit for my first track day yesterday and I was wondering how everyone stores their leather suit? I was just gonna put it in a bag and hang it up? Is there anything else I should do before I store it? My track day isn't until July at VIR. Thanks for any advice.
When in July r u planning to do ur trackday and with what organization. Might have to meet u up there.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
i just hang mine in the closet for now- next to my other riding gear. but, my suit was cheap and nothing great.

if i ever do get a nice one, i'll prolly go to macy's and get a plastic, zip-up suit cover for it. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts