Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I am wondering if my carbs have been jetted already. I bought the bike used and I recently removed my carbs because of a fuel leak on one of the fuel adapters. I noticed one of the caps was kind of scratched and I never messed with it so just wondering. I got some numbers down off of the caps shown in one of the pics. Any thoughts? 2002 R6

Attachments

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
Also, I wouldn't have separated the carbs like you did. It will be difficult to get them sync'd back up once you reassemble.
Believe he had to, he said that he had a fuel leak from one of the fuel inlet pipes between the carbs, if I read that correctly. But back to the jetting, deff check against OEM. The OEM pilots are 38's and 152 mains for cyl 1 and 4, 148 cyl 2 and 3. If its a cali model the pilots are 35 and all 4 mains are 148. The only speed bump you may have is if they used a jet kit from lets say Dynojet, they have their own numbers that dont line up with oem directly. But I have seen someone build a cross reference chart for all the different jet sizes and manufacturers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Believe he had to, he said that he had a fuel leak from one of the fuel inlet pipes between the carbs, if I read that correctly. But back to the jetting, deff check against OEM. The OEM pilots are 38's and 152 mains for cyl 1 and 4, 148 cyl 2 and 3. If its a cali model the pilots are 35 and all 4 mains are 148. The only speed bump you may have is if they used a jet kit from lets say Dynojet, they have their own numbers that dont line up with oem directly. But I have seen someone build a cross reference chart for all the different jet sizes and manufacturers.

So I checked the others out and I have all 38 pilots and the mains are 142's for the left and right side. the middle carbs are 140's. By the way what is the cylinder order from left to right? is it from the left 1,2,3,4?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts