Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I'm not sure how to approach. The bugs are hideously thick some mornings on the way to work, almost to the point I'm shoveling them off the bike and my helmet. So far a clean cloth and detail spray have kept things at bay but I know that's not the best way.

Obviously the bucket-and-sponge method is not really appropriate. I've seen some of those washes in a spray bottle (mostly at the dealer) and I'm tempted to try one. I imagine they work similar to a wheel cleaner - spray on and hose off. The thought of having to chamois dry every nook and cranny of the R6 is daunting. I've also seen those hot-air blow dryers, but that sounds a little expensive for what you're doing with it. I suppose you could just blow-dry it by riding. So how do you keep the six nice and shiny?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i like to windex mine first. then once its all cleaned up i go back and spray wax it. it works for me how does everyone else do theres

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why is the bucket and sponge method inappropriate?
Well, I suppose it would work. I guess I'm just afraid of getting suds in places I won't get them out of again (or in places they shouldn't be to begin with, like down the air intake).

·
Registered
366 Posts
bucket and sponge for all of the road grime and bugs...rinse off...blow off most of the water with leaf blower(also gets nooks and crannies)...towel dry...then wax

·
Red6
440 Posts
How bout waxing or buffing the decal, stickers is it possible cuz i got a 2002 with the black on red decal or w/e right below the windscreen that got scuffed up. Possible to buff this or something?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
soap, water, sponge then wax.

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
^^^same here

1 - 20 of 40 Posts