Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2676 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how crazy all of you are. last saturday i got mine up to 135 racing a toyota camry....lol. but anyways i was scared shitless going that fast. how fast have you guys gone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got mine up to 125 last weekend racing trying to race a 350z on the 55 south. He didn't bite though.

Anyways, it' crazy because it doesn't feel THAT fast. But of course it is.

Closdc23

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
167.....fastest ever was 187 or something like that on a 900rr, took my breathe away and i quickly jumped off the throttle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got mine up to 145 aswell. Dan 70 isn't a bad place to do it if you check it out for cops first then go back and do it. It has a few nice long straight aways between Baltimore and Frederick

·
Registered
629 Posts
151 and could have gone a little further but ran out of safe distance to do so.

Fastest ever was 176 on an R1 - WOW! :cheers

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
Red....did it make you gasp for air? I know i was gasping like a mofo.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It took my breath away that's for sure. I've never done speeds like that and I don't make a habbit of it on my 6 either.

I need a helmet that fits tighter too, I noticed that my nose hurt from the wind pushing my helmet up. I have a small HJC and the extra small was just too small. Need to upgrade to a better helmet I think.

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
It hurt my neck when my helmet came up....didn't bother my nose at all, had a red mark for like 3 hours from the stupid life saving strap.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the speedo said 169mph but I know there is an error there...probably more like 155 or so. Here is the good part. I was doing my thing and it was like 10pm on a saturday. the road was empty so i just kept rolling on the throttle. I was tucked all tight and what not and then caught a glimpse of some head lights in my left mirror....AND THEY WERE GETTING CLOSER!!! I thought I was fucked for sure and gonna spend the night in jail. (100+ in CA is automatic arrest and impound) So I just went for a few more seconds and started letting off the throttle....
Well, this car was not slowing down. It blew by me (mind you I was doing an indicated 160 something) and it was a beautiful Porsche GT2. I tried to catch up but couldn't stay with him. He put his blinkers on and we pulled over and had a smoke. It was intense. Going 155 or whatever is fucking awesome, but being passed at that speed is something else all together

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
When i pass an 18 wheeler at that speed it scares the shit out of me, cause of the wind.....i can't imagine what it would feel like going that fast and someone breezing by me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm what the UK police like to call a 'habitual speeder', but I just can't help myself. I like many others have an 'addiction' to speed, but must admit its hard to find the right and safest places to do this. I have 150 on a regular basis - which would result in an instant ban over here and a retest.

I guess I'm quite lucky to live out here in the wilds - theres lots of open country roads to give it some good throttle - and yeay every now and then you get good chanlenge from a nice car. (not like those dudes that always pull up in a ford fiesta 1.1 and think they can beat you off the lights).

Mad though - I've never had anyone overtake me at 150! your right when you're going that speed and something is still catching you - you normally jump to one conclusion - the rozzers. Bet it was nice to stop and have a smoke - b4 both ramping back off down the road ;)

Wise words from redhot - its always safer to consider the space you have left to stop in - it takes longer for me to stop than to accelerate - I certainly learned that fast when I made my first overtaking manuver on the r6 ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Seriously in CA, sometimes I wonder what one has to do to get pulled over. I routinely do 90+ on the freeway, just to keep up with traffic. They would need a helicopter to catch me

1 - 20 of 2676 Posts