Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my bike painted, and my painter said it would be a hell of a lot less if i just brought him the parts to be sprayed. ive changed my own oil, and the fairing was easy to remove and put back on. how hard is the rest of the bike to take apart? the tank, and tail section?

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
not hard. Just take your time... Especially after you get it painted.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
just make sure you don't end up with extra bolts or fastners:dunce:

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
The manual will help out alot. It took me like 10mins to realize the mid-fairings "slide" up then out. And those damn snap-in fasteners were a pain at first, but if you can push the point from the inside, they pop right out. At first, I was just straight pulling them out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Those fasteners are called "Push Pins".

You push that center part INTO the pin(extremely gently, with a punch or something small diameter), then pull the whole thing out with your fingernails.

To put them back in, you just push the pin back thru so it sticks out the top, pop the whole piece into the place, then push the pin so it sits flush again.

No need to pop them out from behind.

The plastics should all be easy to yank off man, just do what these guys said and keep a very close eye on what screws/pins go where!

·
Do Work!
1,005 Posts
I took all my plastics off recently and it isn't hard. Just try to be really organized on what screws go where. Like i had zip locks and labels for every section. I would say the hardest parts to take off is the upper fairing (around the headlights) and the tank.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
SIMPLE! i did it myself with no idea where any of the bolts were.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
The easiest way to keep track of bolts is just put them back into the corresponding holes while the fairings are off.

·
Do Work!
1,005 Posts
^ +1000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts