Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried experimenting with some peg height at my last trackday.... still can't find something more comfortable other than this setup (I use the 2nd column 2nd up from the bottom).

I had some toe drag last weekend... my body position is much better than it used to be, but even if I was way off the bike, I could probably drag it again if I was pushing hard enough.

If I move it one higher, I feel squeezed on the bike and it's really hard to get off the seat without feeling super tall and feeling like the bike is going to topple over. If I move it one up and one back, the gear shifter feels pretty far away and I'll sometimes miss the shifter (since it's independent from the peg, unlike woodcraft pegs).

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I keep mine all the way forward and down, bu I'm 6'2" and I feel squished anywhere else. The guy I bought the bike from had the pegs in different positions on each side. That was just bizzarro.

Does the lack of a heel guard on the Vortex rearsets bother you at all? I used them on the stock pegs quite a bit to 'dig in' with my fit and I don't feel as anchored without it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in between 5'10/5'11. Pretty average.

I liked the stock rearsets for the heel guard... it took some getting used to but I can manage without guards now. Once in a while I'll find myself with my heel against the part of the swingarm.... but it's pretty cool since you can feel everything your suspension/tires does mid-turn!

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I have the Gilles rearsets and I have them all the way forward and down. I am 5' 10".

I was thinking about moving them, but I figured why ruin a good thing. I have been running really good with them set like that. I tried moving them up and felt like my legs were crammed together.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts

I liked the stock rearsets for the heel guard... it took some getting used to but I can manage without guards now. Once in a while I'll find myself with my heel against the part of the swingarm.... but it's pretty cool since you can feel everything your suspension/tires does mid-turn!
I have vortexes too and have wear spots from my boots on the swingarm.

I run mine all the way forward and one hole up. Haven't moved them much but want to try further up and back next time I hit the track. I tried all the way forward and up but it was too cramped for me. 5'9". Never had problems with scraping on the aftermarkets, but I'm not that fast.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Mine are middle all the way back...total guess as to where I want them since I wont get to try them out until Monday. :YEA

Finally decided after some boot scraping...and peg feeler scraping :eek5...that it was time to get some Vortex. Plus, the black is just so sexy! :YEA

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been hesitant to try a new setting after the last one didnt work out, especially since I'm pretty comfortable where they are now... I'm just worried if I get up to race pace I'll be regretting it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm not an expert, but i would say that if you are dragging toe parts, your foot positioing is wrong. I am 6'4 and have my vortex all the way back and down and I drag everything but my toe parts.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Although I could get off the bike more... my feet are nowhere near the bottom unless that one instance was a slip-up that I didn't notice.

That or I'm getting some wicked lean angles :p

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
anyone have experience with the woodrcafts and vortex. Im trying to see where the footpeg of the non-adjustable woodcraft would match up to the vortex. I really like my wodcrafts but have been thinking of trying new rearsets for adjustability to get my feet higher up.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

vortex has heel guards...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woodcraft is up 1 inch, back 1 inch, I think.

You could probably find the exact same spot on the Vortex plus more (you can flip the plate if you want a more higher/lower adjustments).

I crashed twice and really fubar'd the pegs on my F4, but none of the shops at the race track had any spare woodcraft parts, all had vortex. So that's why I decided to get the V's... most common with spares worst case scenario.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vortex has heel guards...
Yeah.... but can you see where they are and their hollowed out shape? Not practically placed so you can hook onto them. They're pretty much there for aesthetic reasons (especially the brake side).

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yes I can see them. I have them myself.

I hook into them all the time, not sure how they are not practically placed for you.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any riding position pics? Sounds like you basically have to have your feet perpendicular o the foot peg itself.... seems a little excessive.

Doesn't work for me and the other who posted in this thread. To each their own.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Not as high as me... Wait what lol.
I have stock but I feel like a lil up and a lil forward would feel better. I'm 6ft

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Yes I can see them. I have them myself.

I hook into them all the time, not sure how they are not practically placed for you.
Mine don't really have any kind of heel guard. There's stuff above the peg, but none of it extends behind the peg to where most of your foot is. Could be different for the 3rd gen ones though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts