Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear all the reviewers say it, everyone around here says this as well with regard to other sport bikes, but its just the opposite for me. Tried Gixers, Kawis before getting on the R6 and the extra length between the seat and the bars had me way more stretched out then the R6, where I can easily hold the bars with almost sitting upright.

So, what is it that everyone finds so uncomfortable bout our bikes?

BTW, I am 6'1 185 pounds.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Don't know about the 06, but my 01 is great. The only discomfort is sometimes in my shoulder area when riding long distances. I find it generally easy to support my weight on my R6 with my abs, lower back and obliques. On long trips highway trips I'm usually almost laying flat on the tank, my shoulder muscle just gets worn.

I've been on a lot of other sports bikes, ergonomically, the R6 is a perfect fit for me.

·
Focus
728 Posts
I don't think any of the bikes like ours are comfortable. The only one that was close was even close was the CBR. Of course its just my opinion, everyone has their own.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
im tall 6'1

im uncomfortable all the time pretty much

i sat on a GSXR and felt like i smushed, sat on a kawi, smushed, sat on a 07 CBR, liked it as much as the R6 but it was $1000 more easy decision.

and TBH the R6 looks better.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I hear all the reviewers say it, everyone around here says this as well with regard to other sport bikes, but its just the opposite for me. Tried Gixers, Kawis before getting on the R6 and the extra length between the seat and the bars had me way more stretched out then the R6, where I can easily hold the bars with almost sitting upright.

So, what is it that everyone finds so uncomfortable bout our bikes?

BTW, I am 6'1 185 pounds.
How many other bikes have you owned? If you've only owned sportbikes then you have no idea how uncomfortable they really are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am nearly 6'1 and about 200 pounds and the 07 R6 is like a torture rack to me when I am riding on the street. I usually have to pull over on any extended trips that I take. For the track though.....it's perfect.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I have an 07 R6, I'm 5'8", and the bike feels like a glove. You shouldn't have any real problems with the bike in terms of feel. Now comfort is something that differs for each individual rider. For me, I love the feel of the bike...comfort is secondary. The 06 on up R6's are aggressively designed bikes and that is what you are paying for.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
The R6 is one of the most comfortable bikes I have also ridden. I am 6'1" and 200lbs. I have ridden GSXRs and CBRs and the R6 felt much better.

:cheers

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
To me cruiser bikes and anything that isn't an R1 or R6 is very uncomfterable to me...I love the R6 :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 05 R1 was more comfortable, the bars are not bad on the R6 just alot more locked in where the R1 u could move around position. Still bearable, just long rides (400 miles) butt gets a little sore. Im 5'9, 180, but short legs long torso.

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
The seat height is too high, I'm 5'8 (30 inseam) and I'm on my tip-toes holding the bike up, w/o a good support. I just put one foot down and lean to one side a bit more. Not to mention trying to back up...I don't even try, I dismount and hand push it. Now, while riding at speed, that's a different story.

Now I know the current generation supersport bikes have their rearsets jacked up even higher than prior gen supersport, for more ground clearance. Most sportbike riders are use to the tucked leg position riding and that's no biggie. But I do feel the difference between this and my prior bikes like the FZR and Duc Monster.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
I think no matter what bike you get you will eventually get used to it, and it will be only as comfertable as a sport bike can get...

When i sat and rode a few bikes, befor my new purchase the 08 R6 felt pretty uncomfy, but as 2 weeks of riding it went by, i feel as i can ride this thing for hours and hours without stopping!

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the 06 is that the seat sucks and it's hard as hell. Thats my only complaint. I'm 6' 210 and felt more comfortable on my buddy's 05 zx6. But i like the looks of the r6 over any of the other bikes.

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the 06 is that the seat sucks and it's hard as hell. Thats my only complaint. I'm 6' 210 and felt more comfortable on my buddy's 05 zx6. But i like the looks of the r6 over any of the other bikes.
How is the '06 with a passenger? That's where I've heard the most complaints. Anyone got a comparison to a 03-05 vs. 06-08?

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
my 07 CBR was pretty comfortable stock, im 6'1", but once i put on my rearsets that are taller and further back, lower clipons, superbike tail w/ 1/4" foam pad for a seat and raised the ride height in the rear it killed the comfort factor. at least i spend most of my time hangin off the side of it.

sit on a Ducati 999 and that will bring new meaning to an uncomfortable bike.
my friends 07 ZX6R is probably the most uncomfortable jap sportbike i ever rode tho.
the 06+ R6 feels pretty good, i just dont like that wide ass gas tank.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
How is the '06 with a passenger? That's where I've heard the most complaints. Anyone got a comparison to a 03-05 vs. 06-08?
I had a girl on the back that probably weighed about 120 lbs. We went over a couple speed bumps and it bottomed out. It's just a really compact feeling with someone on the back. If they lean forward then your crushed up against the tank.

I got use to mine though. I just wish they made a gel seat for it.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Depends on how you have ur rear shock set to..mine is as stiff as it goes. Youre either lying to us about her weight or ur a fat ass :)

it's all good bro

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a girl on the back that probably weighed about 120 lbs. We went over a couple speed bumps and it bottomed out. It's just a really compact feeling with someone on the back. If they lean forward then your crushed up against the tank.

I got use to mine though. I just wish they made a gel seat for it.
Check yamaha accessories, they list a "comfort"seat with gel insert, im thinking of one for the all day rides.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts