Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA DJ RefleXion
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how many close calls have you guys had recently or if your really good how many have u had all together? Yesterday in the mountains me and my buddies all had a few close calls involving trucks and various other solid objects lol. I was out today and came pretty close to becoming a human side logo for a crappy van who decided to pull out in front of me. It ALMOST blocked all my exit routes until I found a crack of daylight and blasted thru inches from a guard rail!

I think if we all share our close calls and discuss what we did to escape them with the shiny side up it would be beneficial to all.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
how many close calls....... too many!!!!!

you always have to be alert, and concise of every little detail out on the road. cagers do some crazy things, pull right out in front of you, and switch lanes with out warning (some times right into you), and all sorts of other dumb stuff. they never see us, and act like were non existent. best thing you can do is be a proactive and be a defensive rider, always prepared for them to do the unthinkable. oh yeah were gear all the time!!!!!

·
AKA DJ RefleXion
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I second that Adrenaline! I'm always paranoid as hell some people even give me the "What u think I was gonna pull out in front of u? look" when I eyeball them at the intersection.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I live in Maryland..shall I say more?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Close calls suck but they make you think and become more aware. As long as they stay close calls and dont become accidents. I have had close calls from my own stupidity, just mistakes, and from other drivers... They all suck... But I have noticed, since I got the 10000K HID's cars notice me a lot more. A few start to pull out then stop until I pass. Its a noticeable difference, moreso in the daylight supprisingly...

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
way too many!
thankfully they were all just close calls and I learnt from every single one of them!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts

·
AKA DJ RefleXion
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say believe it or not Japanese motorists are more aware and tolerant of motorcycle triders than in the states it just sucks bc most of the roads or so small that it cuts off alot of possible escape routes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts