Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title state. How many close call you guys get on your bike in a given day or week. Because lately I've been getting a couple a week and I'm pretty much done riding for a bit because of it. (Kinda like a warning sign.....)

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
You can be aware and smart enough to avoid almost anything. I have close calls each time I ride.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
its part of riding, but yea i shouldnt have ridden last wednesday, something didnt "feel" right, and wouldnt you know, i wrecked the bike

·
Registered
459 Posts
I almost got hit by a Simi trying to make a illegal uturn from the far right lane on his side as i was going through the intersection in my far right lane, good thing i looked up and honked or else i would have been a goner for sure

·
Registered
592 Posts
its part of riding, but yea i shouldnt have ridden last wednesday, something didnt "feel" right, and wouldnt you know, i wrecked the bike

I have been riding for a total of 23 years... I have ridden from the time I was 9, dirt bikes of course but started riding street bikes at 16 and was never off a bike again until I was 33( that included all the road racing I did with WERA & AMA) my ex made me promise to give it up when my son was born... fast forward(promise this is going somewhere lol) but I had only 2 crashes on the street and both times I had a weird feeling something wasn't "right" and I shouldn't be out here... trust your instincts... and be safe friends:)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have a few each time I go out for a ride but you can usually predict alot of things that can occur if you just pay attention to your surroundings. This usually comes along w/time and experience.

·
Registered
350 Posts
For me it just depends on my patience. When I'm patient I don't get any close calls. When I'm impatient, I've put myself into situations where something could have happened. So while some things are out of my control I feel like 99.5% of what happens to me on the road is my responsibility.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Depends, what used to be a close call last summer would be nothing this time around. For instance, I lost the rear end on some gravel a few days ago, and my outside foot came off the peg. I adjusted, and rode on. Last year I would have pooped my pants.

So I guess it's a matter of perception.

However if you are talking about urban riding, being surrounded by intersections, driveways, cagers etc... those close calls don't change much over time.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I have very few, maybe one per month that I would consider a "close call." I have just as many in my car as I do on the bike, so that's not a difference... I just keep my eyes open and check my mirrors often. And I don't ride like a complete moron all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts