Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07' r6 with 25k miles on it. Its been taken care for the most part. I'll run it hard a couple times but not too much. How many more miles can i get out of this bike?

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Plenty. Keep maintaining it and ride the piss out of it. They're not fragile machines that just grenade at 30k.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Somewhere between what you have on it now and a million miles. One of the guys on here has a 2004 CBR600F4i that he has almost 300k miles on. He takes it to track days, too. These things will run a LONG time if they are maintained.

Not sure if you were aware, but the R6 is due for the valve check/adjustment at 26k miles, so be ready for that unless the previous owner has records showing it was done already.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
got rid of mine at 40k...ran perectly...just keep up with your maintenance and shell run forever

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somewhere between what you have on it now and a million miles. One of the guys on here has a 2004 CBR600F4i that he has almost 300k miles on. He takes it to track days, too. These things will run a LONG time if they are maintained.

Not sure if you were aware, but the R6 is due for the valve check/adjustment at 26k miles, so be ready for that unless the previous owner has records showing it was done already.

I didn't know about the valve check. I plan on taking it to the shop Thursday so I'll have them take a good look at it. thanks!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Take good care of it and stay on top of everything (valve adjustments!!) and it'll last about as long as you want it to last

Taken this morning.... this bike currently has 292,529 miles and runs like a dream :):fact

·
Registered
145 Posts

What about Matt Farah's million mile lexus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts