Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 449 Posts

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
United States Air Force, TSgt Lee, 6F (Accounting & Finance), 17+ years Active Duty (1993 - Present).

Stateside Bases:
K.I. Sawyer AFB, MI.
Little Rock AFB, AR.
Randolph AFB, TX.
Scott AFB, IL. (current duty station)

Overseas Tours:
Kunsan AB, ROK

Deployed Locations:
Andersen AFB, GU
US Army Corps of Engineers, Gulf Region Division, Baghdad, Iraq, Green Zone

·
Wish I Could Ride More
788 Posts
Im a poolee in the delayed entry program for the USMC. I dont know my ship date for recruit training yet, hopefully soon. MOS is gonna be 0311, but my goal is to make scout sniper, so after 3 years as a rifleman hopefully i will get accepted into scout sniper school. Also im planning on making the USMC a career, so maybe MARSOC down the road.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
Im a poolee in the delayed entry program for the USMC. I dont know my ship date for recruit training yet, hopefully soon. MOS is gonna be 0311, but my goal is to make scout sniper, so after 3 years as a rifleman hopefully i will get accepted into scout sniper school. Also im planning on making the USMC a career, so maybe MARSOC down the road.
Now, keep in mind that having any kind of specific goals in the military is risky business. It's the military. They're gonna use you for what their needs are, not yours. But you can have more abiguous goals like me. I just wanted to...

GO FCVK SHIT UP!!! :YEA :YEA :YEA

:eek5

Then I got an MOS where I did nothing but fix stuff... :laugh

(j/k, btw...go scout them snipers, man!)

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
They're gonna use you for what their needs are, not yours.
Especially in the Marine Corps, I don't think I've ever gotten what I want! :toocool:

·
Wish I Could Ride More
788 Posts
well me and my recruiter were talking about what I wanna do for my MOS, I told him 0311 and he told me that technically I wont know what my MOS will be until after infantry school. also we where talking about how to get into scout sniper school, he said they will post qualifications on "the board" or will ask you straight up, he said he was asked but he said no. :screwy im gonna see him tomorrow at PT so I'll ask him if there is a chance i pick 0311 and get something else.

·
Remind Me Later
144 Posts
have fun doing all the troop work like cleaning heads and all that fun crap

Oh yeah and USMC, Lance Corporal, 0651 Data Networks (POG), been in two years all served in the beautiful 29 palms, should be rolling out to afghan in a bit looking forward to a change of desert semper gumby

·
Wish I Could Ride More
788 Posts
have fun doing all the troop work like cleaning heads and all that fun crap

Oh yeah and USMC, Lance Corporal, 0651 Data Networks (POG), been in two years all served in the beautiful 29 palms, should be rolling out to afghan in a bit looking forward to a change of desert semper gumby
i forgot about that shit lol.....well its part of the experience right!

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
i rather work my way up from the bottom, that way i will have the experience each rank should have.
That's how I felt...

thats what you say now:sing
...and how I still feel after making it to Sergeant and serving 8 years! :fact

:cheers to all of you for serving, though...whether you get your "here's your cookie" rank or not. :D

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,314 Posts
That's how I felt...

...and how I still feel after making it to Sergeant and serving 8 years! :fact

:cheers to all of you for serving, though...whether you get your "here's your cookie" rank or not. :D
dont get me wrong i came in as a private so i know what it's like...and i'm glad i did being a corporal now it helped me become who i am now....but nobody wants to be at the bottom for too long.

on a side note:: today is my 4 year mark:YEA an ready for my next 4

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
dont get me wrong i came in as a private so i know what it's like...and i'm glad i did being a corporal now it helped me become who i am now....but nobody wants to be at the bottom for too long.

on a side note:: today is my 4 year mark:YEA an ready for my next 4
Yeah, but really it's not that much time, anyway...6mo as an E-1...9 more as an E-2...drops in a pond if you ask me, but more than sucking, like you said, they help mold the Marine/soldier/sailor/airman.

And for those of us in the airwing it didn't matter much anyways as most of your E-1/E-2 time was spent in school! lol I mean, if you saw a Private or PFC in the fleet...they're most likely second (or third) award ranks! :laugh

41 - 60 of 449 Posts