Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bah, sorry. I'm undecided to go -1 by itself vs -1/+2.

top end isn't important. curious how much mpg you lose. and I do like to bring the front up every now and then :D

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
bah, sorry. I'm undecided to go -1 by itself vs -1/+2.

top end isn't important. curious how much mpg you lose. and I do like to bring the front up every now and then :D
Im installing my 520 conversion ( RK 520 chain, with Vortex -1, +2 ) in the morning... i will post what the outcome is. Im pretty sure its a noticeable change from what i hear

·
Registered
65 Posts
just did mine last week...wish i did it a loooooong time ago. accelerates much faster...makes wheelies more enjoyable for sure. I used to just pop them up and ride a little and now i can actually maintain distance for a football field or two. Def need a speedo healer...makes the speedo about 16 percent off

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
well,, got it installed.. took it out for maybe 100 meters... an it starts PISSIN out!! Stormin like crazy right now. So... i have yet to test out on acceleration of the new sprockets an such

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Finally got to ride today for a lil bit ... an let me tell ya ... its a difference! lol 2nd gear now feels like 1st lol and 1st just... goes a lot faster lol

imo... awsome mod!! +100

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered driven -1/+1 525. but driven is out of the front -1 with no eta so the dealer offered vortex. what a mess, lol. I"ll post results when installed.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
I couldn't notice a difference. I also did a roll on up to 100mph next to my friend with the exact same bike and it was dead even. Also, my speedo is off by 15 miles per hour until my speedo healer comes in later this week.

To be honest, I wish I never did the conversion. Driven sprockets, -1 +2. All it's done is lower the powerband a tad and slightly decreased my MPG.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
I couldn't notice a difference. I also did a roll on up to 100mph next to my friend with the exact same bike and it was dead even. Also, my speedo is off by 15 miles per hour until my speedo healer comes in later this week.

To be honest, I wish I never did the conversion. Driven sprockets, -1 +2. All it's done is lower the powerband a tad and slightly decreased my MPG.
What other mods do you have?

I have an MJS midpipe, GYTR slip on, BMC filter, PCIII and (-1 +2) 520 conversion and have no regrets. I love it!!!

And it was suppose to lower the powerband an give u more power in the low end. So what were u expecting?

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
I believe his question is regarding the sprockets and not additional upgrades. As such, your question in completely irrelevant.

As stated in my previous post, the powerband has dropped, but not by much, nor does it make the bike 'feel' faster.

So... I wish I didn't get the upgrade that screwed up the speedo when I could have just kept the bike in the power band by just staying in a lower gear. Then use the higher gear for the highway. Again, I just don't see the point and would recommend against the upgrade. I feel people put WAY too much weight on what this upgrade really does.

I can see why people would want it, but know for a fact that it degrades the bike in every way that it helps it. Simple math proves my point. Your gains are relative to the loss.

Lastly, I expected exactly what I put above. Lower the power band to make it more peppy. However, stock bike with comparable upgrades vs. my bike with the addition on the sprockets go head to head from a roll and neither pulls on the other.

·
Registered
32 Posts

HMMMMMM :confused:

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
just did mine last week...wish i did it a loooooong time ago. accelerates much faster...makes wheelies more enjoyable for sure. I used to just pop them up and ride a little and now i can actually maintain distance for a football field or two. Def need a speedo healer...makes the speedo about 16 percent off
+1 .... no idea how fast im going, but off the line is much quicker... lose some MPG's since you're closer to optimum power range longer during normal cruisin' speeds ... no complaints here tho!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts