Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found this on craigslist and was wondering what you guys thought about the price for the bike. I mean it looks pretty clean and I talked to the guy so Im prob going to check the bike out tomorrow or monday just wanted to get your opinions on if its worth the amount hes asking for. He wanted 5600 but I dropped him to 5400 so lets see if its worth it.

Heres the link http://southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/533875036.html

·
Do Work, Son!
707 Posts
The bike looks like it's in really good condition. Maybe it's just me but you can probably get a 2006 R6 for about $6000; So $5400 is a little too much for an '04.

If you like it, get it. :yes

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Im really trying to spend at least 5500 or less on a bike bc I would prefer used since it would be my first one... But I figure all the maintenance he just recently did would prob cost somewhere near that even if I payed 5000 on one without it right?

·
Registered
274 Posts
i think thats a little high for a bike with 8000 miles on it. maybe somewhere in the 4500 to 5000 range would be more reasonable.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yea, this time of year, that is way too high imo. you should offer him more around 4500. people on this forum are selling 06's for 6000.

·
Do Work, Son!
707 Posts
slam said:
i think thats a little high for a bike with 8000 miles on it. maybe somewhere in the 4500 to 5000 range would be more reasonable.

That's really good milage for a bike that's 4-5 years old. I think that 4500-5000 is about a fair price just because it'a a 2004.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i payed 5000 cash for an 04 in june of 2007. had 2,000 miles on it, mint condition. so id offer him alittle lower, its also out of season... 5000 would be my highest offer if i was you.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha I just feel bad bc I was like how does 5200 sound and he said he could do 5400 and if I tell him I can only do like 4800 or 5000 wouldnt that be lying? But oh well I guess it couldnt hurt right?

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump any other comments about the bike should I ask him again to lower the price? Or should I keep looking?

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for not mentioning that I am from NJ (Central Im from Middletown and go to Rutgers University) Im actually willing to go out on a limb and say Im open to any bike as long as its either 04 - 06 and less than 10k mileage for around 5 g's haha I know Im being vague but I really cant find any decent ones and trust me I have been looking. So if you guys could keep a look out for me I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
yo man, where you from in middletown? im in middletown as well and go to monmouth university. i got my bike in tinton falls, look around on ebay with your zip code, and offer that guy 5 grand at the most. i found my bike on ebay.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know apple farm road? I live in the apts next to it lol. if not that then the new super market whole foods? Im across the highway. But yea Im still looking and I guess Ill just tell him straight up that I can only do 5000 I mean I can still wait so no biggie worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion though!!! What about yourself where you at? Maybe if and when I get a bike we can go riding together no homo... Im at Rutgers University current moment Im 21.

·
Registered
338 Posts
JBAE said:
You know apple farm road? I live in the apts next to it lol. if not that then the new super market whole foods? Im across the highway. But yea Im still looking and I guess Ill just tell him straight up that I can only do 5000 I mean I can still wait so no biggie worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion though!!! What about yourself where you at? Maybe if and when I get a bike we can go riding together no homo... Im at Rutgers University current moment Im 21.
Niceee. You live not even 5 mins from me, if you know where the Spy House is down by the water or Foodtown, down Hwy 36 im right over there, I went to High School North. Anyways, find a bike!!! PM me whenever you get one, Ive been looking for some people to ride with.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh snap I have a friend that lives down there. His name is Wu Chen he has a Twin Turbo G35 and works at the Chinese Take Out at the Junction. What year did you graduate? I went to South and grad 04. Dont worry I just found an R6 04 with around 2800 3200 miles going to check it out next week for 5g's so hope to pick that up. Once I do Ill PM ya and well have to go riding. I have a friend that just got an 02 gsxr750 this past fall so hell be with us too.

BTW I was thinking of a D&D exhaust they sound mad nice on youtube vids lol how do you like them? Sorry for sounding like a ricer...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yea I know of him and his g35. I sent you a PM with some bikes to check out if the other bike you found falls through. Give me and PM when you get it, if you need any help with anything or watever. I like the D&D, if you wanna come check it out anytime before you buy an exhaust im right down the road.

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
i have a buddy who got an 04 last oct. for 4700 w/ 6000 miles, and i just got my 07 for 6400... so talk him down, but i really dont know what the demand is for south jersey so it could be a reasonable price. i say take a look at it if it looks clean and rides good then talk to him and see what yall can work out!

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found a bike 04 with around 3900 miles for 5g's Im going to check it out this week and hopefully be a part of this great forum AND also have a bike to show for it lol. Thanks again to everyone and especially mrc00l88 hope to ride with you soon bro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts