Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much higher? - pics -

I have been clutchin now for a month and need to know about how much higher i need to be to hit balance point. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Just keep revving it a little more each time before you let go of the clutch. You'll find the balance point.

By the way, get one of these:

It would go SO well with your bike.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
And maybe one of these to sport that helmet!

Sorry, not trying to advertise. I just think the yellow R6's look so cool when the rider matches it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Drew! Im gonna ride out this gear for the summer then get some new stuff in the winter. I have been seeing a lot of scorpion gear poppin up everywhere.

I think I have been at balance point a few times cuz I have ridden them for quiete a distance without it shootin to redline. Is the balance point where I can lock the throttle and the bike feels somewhat lite, kinda like I dont have to keep adding throttle to keep her up?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The throttle should be stable. But then again, don't take my word for it. I've only started doing wheelies myself last year. Still have a ways to go before I'm comfortable with one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ride balance point all day on quad and it just sort of stays there, you don't need to keep raising RPM's to keep it up... I am not sure how much more is needed on the bike, as I have just started 2nd staggered stance... I have had balance point a couple times but honestly couldn't tell you how high it is...

bike looks sick by the way

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So pretty much i have to be doin a 12 to be at balance point. You have any pics of you for guidance?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, but man, those are definitely great looking! Do you happen to have a steering damper? If not, that's pretty ballsy of you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in the pic I was doin first. Not sure what rpm. It kinda various depending how fast im goin. If im goin slower i give it a lil more. I usuall do them between 15-30 mph. I go by the feel of the throttle and sound of the engine. I dont like bein a cluster whore. I feel like it throws me off to watch the tach. I jus started with a with a lil juice and kept adding a lil more. Maybe some people watch their tach and can help you. Jus start slow and listen to your bike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I can't answer your question, but man, those are definitely great looking! Do you happen to have a steering damper? If not, that's pretty ballsy of you!

No steering dampner yet. Luckily I have put her down straight so far. Sure its only a matter of time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just started doin standups this week. Since I am use to sittin standin feels a lil akward at first. I will have it within this week hopefully if I get out enough. I would rather do standups now so I can get her higher. I dont like lookin off the side of the bike. Nice pic lunchbox

·
Registered
13 Posts
Look man. Balance point isn't as important as brake control. If ur chasing balance point get used to using your brake to bring the bike down. stop using the throttle closing method. clutch wheel up, brake wheel down. clutch wheel up, brake wheel down! clutch wheel up, brake wheel down!! If your not quick on the brakes to stop the wheel coming up balance point will come and go and the bike can end up on its tail real fast. If you get the brake catching the bike from going up and over then balance point, 12 o'clock and slowing your wheelies down comes along quickly and much more safely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
from those pictures it looks like u need to get a lil higher... when ur doign ur wheelie look at ur forks and try to get them parallel with the road. Most important, get brake control.. itll save ur life!

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Look man. Balance point isn't as important as brake control. If ur chasing balance point get used to using your brake to bring the bike down. stop using the throttle closing method. clutch wheel up, brake wheel down. clutch wheel up, brake wheel down! clutch wheel up, brake wheel down!! If your not quick on the brakes to stop the wheel coming up balance point will come and go and the bike can end up on its tail real fast. If you get the brake catching the bike from going up and over then balance point, 12 o'clock and slowing your wheelies down comes along quickly and much more safely.
A +

1 - 20 of 26 Posts