Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm currently looking to finance a new 2013 R6 in matte grey.

The "MSRP + CA tax + doc + licensing + handling fees" come out to be a little over $13k.

What's a reasonable ( or the lowest :p ) OTD price I could get from negotiating with the dealer? Or in other words, what would you pay OTD?

(Great credit and all that.)

Thanks for the help!

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Tree-fiddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Tree-fiddy
Salesman turned me down on that :/

I'd never buy a new one again...Well, unless a new kick ass R6 came out, maybe...but no.
I would, but I'd rather finance. And the used bikes (ie. http://arcadiamotorcycleco.com/showroom/163/ ) are $8k-ish with 10k miles. Add fees to that, and you're only $2-3k off a new one. And you'd be paying for the peace of mind knowing that there's nothing wrong with the bike, and even if there was, there's actually a warranty.

In 2010.... I paid $8700 otd for a 2009...
Thanks!

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Salesman turned me down on that :/

I would, but I'd rather finance. And the used bikes (ie. http://arcadiamotorcycleco.com/showroom/163/ ) are $8k-ish with 10k miles. Add fees to that, and you're only $2-3k off a new one. And you'd be paying for the peace of mind knowing that there's nothing wrong with the bike, and even if there was, there's actually a warranty.

Thanks! But unfortunately the 2013's might've completely disappeared :/ I was a little late on this one.
:laugh..I don't want to assume stuff but are you new to purchasing motorcycles? I purchased, new and used R6 (R6S and R6) and with the used unit, I took to a dealership and have them look it over and all was great, so yeah piece of mind can be had..:fact

Also, unless you're purchasing the extended warranty, Yamaha's warranty is only good for a year, so there's that. These bikes are solid to begin with so I'd never purchase another extended warranty again.

:secret I paid 5k for an 08 "LE" w/ 6k on the odo, private party...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be my 4th bike, but I feel like I'm still fairly new. Of course private would be cheaper, but again, I'd prefer to finance so dealers it is for me.

Also, anything that'd go wrong with a new bike will usually happen within a few months, so I feel like the warranty's actually fairly good. Other problems arise from crashing, which kinda isn't covered :p

And dealer inspections don't always catch issues, or they'll blatantly ignore problems and hope that they offload the bike and the buyer doesn't realize for a while.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
This would be my 4th bike, but I feel like I'm still fairly new. Of course private would be cheaper, but again, I'd prefer to finance so dealers it is for me.
Also, anything that'd go wrong with a new bike will usually happen within a few months, so I feel like the warranty's actually fairly good. Other problems arise from crashing, which kinda isn't covered :p

And dealer inspections don't always catch issues, or they'll blatantly ignore problems and hope that they offload the bike and the buyer doesn't realize for a while.
Why not take a private loan or something else; there are always other avenues. I got you though.

It helps to know someone at a Yammy shop...;)

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

Or you use your credit union to get a loan, and skip the middle man. Not very often can a dealership beat a credit union on interest rates.

Dealer talks to bank. Bank says they can do 4% interest rate.

Dealer tells you the best the bank can do is 4.4%...dealership pockets .4%.

No middle man with credit union, so they can generally offer better rates.

OR, you can buy a "brand new 2014" R6 (That has been unchanged since 2008), tell yourself that you're saving money because new bike loans have less APR than used bikes, and completely ignore the fact that your shiny new bike will lose a huge chunk of value during your first two years of ownership, way more money lost in the depreciation than the APR difference between new and used rates...

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Or you can do the smartest choice, buy a bike a few years older, and buy it with cash and not finance a bike period...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought a bike new in 2006....bad idea...

Always going to buy low mileage used now.

Depreciation on motorcycles is so ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
There was a dealership in AL selling leftover 2012 R6s for less than $9k.

Friend bought a new 2012 GSXR 1k for $9800 from the same dealer.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I bought a bike new in 2006....bad idea..
my local market must be waaay off. Nobody buys a bike for cash then sells it cheap at the end of the season like some folks used to in the Northeast.

There were 2009 R6s with 20000 miles that folks were asking $8500 for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not take a private loan or something else; there are always other avenues. I got you though.

It helps to know someone at a Yammy shop...;)
Haha thanks, and financing through Yamaha has cash back and other offers.

Or you use your credit union to get a loan, and skip the middle man. Not very often can a dealership beat a credit union on interest rates.

Dealer talks to bank. Bank says they can do 4% interest rate.

Dealer tells you the best the bank can do is 4.4%...dealership pockets .4%.

No middle man with credit union, so they can generally offer better rates.

OR, you can buy a "brand new 2014" R6 (That has been unchanged since 2008), tell yourself that you're saving money because new bike loans have less APR than used bikes, and completely ignore the fact that your shiny new bike will lose a huge chunk of value during your first two years of ownership, way more money lost in the depreciation than the APR difference between new and used rates...
Or you can do the smartest choice, buy a bike a few years older, and buy it with cash and not finance a bike period...
I'm sorry, I meant to say 2013. The APR is already determined at 3.99% through a Yamaha promo offer, and I get cash back as well. Also, dealers are more willing to work with you on previous year models, like Aleeex's case. $8,700 OTD new would be better than $7-8k on a used (or atleast in my personal opinion). I understand what you mean on the depreciation factor though, but I'm willing to pay slightly more for a brand new bike though. And I'd rather finance just because I'm a credit whore and I just paid off the car.

I bought a bike new in 2006....bad idea...

Yeah depriciation is a mofo.

Anyways, does anybody have a suggestion on what's the lowest I'd get the dealer to go on a 2013 closeout R6? (other than that Aleeex paid $8700 for a new 09)

Thanks again!

·
09 R6-s
26 Posts
I bought a 09 r6s (4900 miles) that sat in a garage for a year straight without being touched. After i got it i took care of it and had it checked out and it was flawless. Dont count these out just because they are a little used. You can find a great one used.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Handshakes&Middlefingers
44 Posts
Great choice on color!! :toocool: I have the same bike! Just (Re)bought mine in December for 9,500 out the door. I live in Ny and the sales tax is a bitch so I'm not sure where your at but you could prob swing 9 flat now going into the season with a leftover. Good luck :cheers

·
Life, one mile at a time
20 Posts
I paid 8,000 for my 09 w/1500 miles and 2 years warranty. A little on the high side but w/the warranty i went ahead and got it. If i woulda talk him down i coulda done better. I NEVER buy new though, i always find low mileage used. You can find what you want in the price if you just look and wait. If you want to finance def look into a credit union

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
I paid 9K for my 09 R1 in 2010 and paid 7500 for my 07 R6 in 07 OTD prices
You must have given a great :jerkit

The lowest I have ever seen in my area at any dealer was $8999 on a leftover 2011 r6 last year, and that was tag price, not otd..

1 - 20 of 84 Posts