Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a second bike for track only.

My question is, what would you pay for this? It's pretty much bone stock with a salvage title. I am debating on waiting till the end of the season. Just thought there may be others with some insight or experience with bikes and salvage titles. He said the salvage title is from a low slide at the track. To risky?

http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/2008-yamaha-r6-race-bike-4/

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sold my previous 08 with some more goodies and ~5k miles on it for $4500, so I'd say ~$3800 or under with salvage title and no street bodywork or other track goodies included
This is more in the lines what I was thinking. He seems pretty firm on his price. He initially had it at $5,000

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I was close to buying the 848 Hayden this weekend. He wanted $10, 500 with 1160 miles on it. I didn't realize the insurance bumped up double though. It was hard to pass up on.
Thats about what I paid for mine with 509 miles on it. I finally broke 600... Its a pretty sweet bike, but only if you ride it like you hate it, otherwise you realize how much it sucks for 85% of your riding.:laugh

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats about what I paid for mine with 509 miles on it. I finally broke 600... Its a pretty sweet bike, but only if you ride it like you hate it, otherwise you realize how much it sucks for 85% of your riding.:laugh
:lmao My buddy has the same one (EVO) and said the same thing. He abuses his though. I was just going to get one for tooling around and by the sound of it, it would be more painful than enjoyable.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
:lmao My buddy has the same one (EVO) and said the same thing. He abuses his though. I was just going to get one for tooling around and by the sound of it, it would be more painful than enjoyable.
Yeah, its a horrible around town fcuk off bike. Just the seat firmness and rear header right under your sack is enough to turn you off. :laugh

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, its a horrible around town fcuk off bike. Just the seat firmness and rear header right under your sack is enough to turn you off. :laugh
BTW, I am putting that Shift suit I bought from you a while back to good use. The pucks are still on there and give me status in Novice :lmao They look at me an think ":eek5" and then the see me ride and they are " :confused:"

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
BTW, I am putting that Shift suit I bought from you a while back to good use. The pucks are still on there and give me status in Novice :lmao They look at me an think ":eek5" and then the see me ride and they are " :confused:"
I forgot all about that...:laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts