Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a feeler and be honest. What would you pay for a 2003 R6 with 10308 miles with a rebuilt title. I'm thinking of selling mine and since no were will trade it in I've go to try to sell it before I can get a newer R6 to replace mine.

I am the 3rd owner
The fairings are in Good shape ( Has rash on both sides no holes or broken tabs)
Tires still have another season or two
Price would also include race fairings (ok shape- not pretty but they work and no holes but have been repaired several tiles before I got them)
New brake pads, spark plugs, Bmc air filter, all fluids

Thanks

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
1,800-3,000 depending on how firm your price would be

2,456 Posts
i wouldnt pay more than 2g's. its the title that kills it. that much u know.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
That rebuilt title kills the price, even if it's in perfect shape. I wouldn't pay more than 2500

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I know the title kills it. There is one shop near me that sells salvage bikes and has an 02 gixxer for $3600 and it has more miles so I think I'll throw it up for 3800.00 on craigslist and see what happens thats what i would need to get out of it to grab a newer bike. It's not that I'm hurting for money and if no one grabs it I still have a bike. thanks for the imput guys wish me luck.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ok i know this is going to sound really stupid... but ive only bought things with clean titles... when you buy a bike with a rebuilt or salvage title is there more you have to pay or go through to get the title transfered or something? or is it just the fact that you know it's been down that you dont want it? i know that is probably a dumb question but hey i might as well ask now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ok i know this is going to sound really stupid... but ive only bought things with clean titles... when you buy a bike with a rebuilt or salvage title is there more you have to pay or go through to get the title transfered or something? or is it just the fact that you know it's been down that you dont want it? i know that is probably a dumb question but hey i might as well ask now.
Both

·
MyR6EatsU
107 Posts
sales tax at the RMV was almost half the price with my salvage title, as long as the bike runs good i could give a damn y the reason isz :D

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
$3000? depends, how many are race miles?
1,800-3,000 depending on how firm your price would be
i wouldnt pay more than 2g's. its the title that kills it. that much u know.
That rebuilt title kills the price, even if it's in perfect shape. I wouldn't pay more than 2500
I'll throw 3g's down but no more
damn... any of you guys want to buy some of my bikes? If you'd pay that much for a 3 owner salvage title... I could command premium prices for my 1 owner, all original doc bikes! :lmao

To the OP. I wish you luck on the sale. Unfortunately as "sellers" youre never going to be realistic about pricing. At $3800... youre going to be in possession of it for awhile. At $1800... might sell abit faster.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update, Sold the bike saturday for 3200.00 without the track plastics so I can sell them and buy some mods for the new bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts