Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
i just follow the manual , but some ppl do it more often , oh and on ur third service chang to motul 5100 :mrgreen:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
according to the manual it seems like every 4000 miles. i do it before that. i change it every 2500-3000 miles. i used to use yamalube. but made the switch to motul.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i change every 2k. my first 2k i changed to mobil fully synthetic(black cap b/c i couldn't find red cap). i noticed a drastic decrease in my MPG. but i don't think it has to do with the oil. i wanna go motul after i kill my mobil1 case which will be one more change and then motul here i come.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hmmm.black cap is energy conserving right. I don't think you wanna use that with the wet clutch. Might wanna look into that. :!:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I change my oil every 2-3 races... depending on how many classes I ran. And if I placed the bike in the inverse gravitational orientation, I go ahead and change it right away.

I am switching to a Scotts stainless oil filter this off-season but will continue to use Silkolene Pro-S full synthetic. Moto specific racing oil.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
OutlawDCustoMsR6 said:
yamalube 4-R don't use a fully synthetic oil because of your wet clutch
Your data is incorrect, do some research on what to use/not use with wet clutches.

BTW, I also use M1 Red Cap on the schedule of changing it every 2500-3000 miles.

Also, aren't there like a billion threads on this same subject?

·
I own you
121 Posts
mahie023 said:
i change every 2k. my first 2k i changed to mobil fully synthetic(black cap b/c i couldn't find red cap). i noticed a drastic decrease in my MPG. but i don't think it has to do with the oil. i wanna go motul after i kill my mobil1 case which will be one more change and then motul here i come.
I also used black cap mobile one on my last oil change, but I bought the synthetic motorcycle oil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yamalube and filer 10w-30 on the following form new

1st change 80mi
2nd 600mi
3 2000 mi
4 3500 mi
5 tomarrow at 52xx

if you noticed i screwed my 1500 mi schedule up. Remember fellas the same guys that wite to book publish the marketing hype. Change fluids as often as you can afford. Cleaner fluids - cleaner engine parts, less deposits, and better performance. If you are leaving the oil in there until it looks black or drk brown you have not figured it out. Save that torture for the POS car you drive on rainy days. Ive change the front and rear brake fluid twice already check tire pressure once a week. Stop being pussies and overmaintain if you want it to last. And I mean everything gets over maintained. Do it right or dont do it at all.
Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts