Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ride hard, ride safe.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my bike going on 2 weeks now and am as I say in every other thread, loving it lol. But when it comes to rain, I assume these bikes wont get hurt if caught in the rain for longer periods of time? I took it to work for the first time yesterday and tomorrow when I go back It is a chance of rain all day. I may just keep it in, but if I ever got caught in it would it hurt it?

Thanks so much!

·
Ride hard, ride safe.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's. I apologize for the stupid questions, but I just want to make sure. Godbless forums :YEA

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an 04 R6(almost identical to your newer R6S) and unfortunately have been caught in the rain a few times but my bike still runs like a champ and splashes through the puddles without complaint.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I once...no 90 times have washed my bike...and rode in the rain about 10 times. water doesn't seem to bother it. lol

just be sure to keep your chain lubed.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
...unless you have some custom or aftermarket wiring (like Halos, HIDs, underglow, etc.)... if you did it right and you have soldered and shrink-wrapped connections with insulators you'll be fine.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
...unless you have some custom or aftermarket wiring (like Halos, HIDs, underglow, etc.)... if you did it right and you have soldered and shrink-wrapped connections with insulators you'll be fine.
:werd

It's kinda cool if you have some fresh tires to check your mirror and see a rooster tail the height of the hugger following you where ever you go :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts