Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with a D&D slipon. I want to know how terrible it realy is compared to other brands. it sounds decent but then again i dont have anything to compare it to other then my 92 zx7 ( full muzzy racing exhaust).

any flames would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
D&D is pretty terrible on any bike of any year...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
you know how them there Texans are...we are loyal to our people, and since D&D is right here in the backyard, well, ok, an hour away, but that is just over in FW....I see TONS of bikes with them on there. 2 reasons I can tell you for sure...they are cheap ("inexpensive") and they have a Texas Flag on them ;)

Like I said I haev seen hundreds of bikes that have it, and every single one of them sounds like a pissed off bumble bee! The only D&D's I have heard that I really liked were the 750 Gixxer's with the FULL exhaust. Those seem to have a deeper sound. As for performace, I really couldn't say for sure....but the sound alone would keep me from buying one. I would have to assume if they had any huge performance upgrade, they would be more expensive ;)

I am trying to patiently await the arrival of my Jardine...but I am struggling! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the full system with a carbon can then I jet the carbs... When I talked to D&D before buying my system, they told me they had run an R6 with just the slip-on no jetting and got +7 ponies outta the bike. I have yet to run mine, but I will soon. Anyways, that having been said, I am very pleased with my D&D, but ofcourse there are some people who just don't like the sound.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'll be honest with you; I think D&D really gets a bad rap. Although I'm a dealer of their's, I hardly sell any of it but it has slowly been picking up. I've had customers that have owned them on a previous bike, and want another one for their new bike. When I ordered my first D&D pipe I was plesantly surprised when I saw how well it was made. It exceeded my expectations. I have heard them on several bikes and I'm just not hearing this "eardrum bursting" tone I hear so much about? Is anyone here with me on this? I know some guys are thinking, "Oh yeah right, he's a dealer. What else would he say?!!" But I truly feel this way. Any feed back here would certainly be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The main issues i have with D&D are that i've seen MANY of their "stainless steel" cans etc... RUST.....is that even possible?

Also........Yes the sound. I don't know or heard many of their new systems if at all lately. The one I know and hear the most is a rusting full stainless steel system, and it is ungodly annoying. It's on a older bike though '94 zx-9. It not only sounds just totally gutted, but sounds like shit is rattling around in it, and i know thats not the case.

I've heard several on 99 00 r6's etc.. and give me the same impression.

They could have alot better quality now, but i dont know. It's a serious possibility that their quality/ sound issues from years past drove away alot of business.....which is why most of us don't see many of them.

Sound could also be a problem with packing, and maybe needing repacking more often.....( I don't know a single person i ride with that takes the time to repack).

I was nervous about my full GYT-R system when i was awaiting it, GYT-R used to have some serious quality issues as well. After i got the can, I now see it as one the best quality built systems. They did their homework and upgraded the negatives.

The market for exhaust is just so big, that a few issues in the past with D&D could have driven many elsewhere, and them stuck picking someone else and not going back. I'd really like to see and hear a new D&D system to upgrade my opinion........mine along with everyones opinions on them are stuck years back...???

·
Registered
836 Posts
The D&D's I have seen/heard get A LOT louder over time... I am assuming that the baffle material breaks down and needs to be repacked. :?:

I have a friend that rides an '01 R6 with a D&D, and that thing will deafen you if you are riding behind him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have 99 r6 with a d&d i haven't put it on yet as my bike is in about 20 pcs. i should have it up and running by the end of the weekend than i can get a sound clip for you.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I had a D&D system on a CBR900RR and liked the quality but it was loud, and I did get a decent increase in HP w/the full system. Don't know if I would get another one though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one on my 02 and I absolutely hate it. Way too loud, it's nor too far off from running no pipe at all. The only time I think it sonds ok is at around 15,000 rpm's on the highway. I'm getting rid of it asap. :thumbdown

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have one on my 01 and love it. It's pretty loud but people notice me and don't cut me off as much.

Its the carbon fiber one and it has 11000 miles on it. No problems at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my buddy had one on his 99 r6. It was deafening, and we made him buy a new pipe before we would let him ride with us again. i also had another friend who put one on his cbr and even that sounded horrible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one on my 06 R6S and i dont mind it at all. Yes they are less expensive which was a big plus when purchasing it. Wanted a new pipe couldnt stand the stock one but didnt have alot of extra cash due to buying the bike. As for the noise i dont think its loud at all. Alot of people say ohhhhhhh they are so damn loud but they must have sensitive ears or something. Then again mine has only been on my bike for a year. Well there is my 2 cents.

·
Registered
45 Posts
update..i'm not putting my D&D back on this year. i got a full 03 system so i'm going with that so i won't have those sound clips for you....sorry. but on a good note i now have a D&D slip-on for sale. If anyone is interested i'm asking $175 or BO plus shipping. The pipe is located in southern NH if anyone local wants it, you can pick it up and save on UPS. Please email me at [email protected] if interested. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
you know how them there texans are...we are loyal to our people, and since d&d is right here in the backyard, well, ok, an hour away, but that is just over in fw....i see tons of bikes with them on there. 2 reasons i can tell you for sure...they are cheap ("inexpensive") and they have a texas flag on them ;)

like i said i haev seen hundreds of bikes that have it, and every single one of them sounds like a pissed off bumble bee! The only d&d's i have heard that i really liked were the 750 gixxer's with the full exhaust. Those seem to have a deeper sound. As for performace, i really couldn't say for sure....but the sound alone would keep me from buying one. I would have to assume if they had any huge performance upgrade, they would be more expensive ;)

i am trying to patiently await the arrival of my jardine...but i am struggling! :mrgreen:

god loves texas!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee i have d&d on my 2005 r6 and sounds awesome and people love the sound!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts