Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride in AZ today. it was very hot and tires were sticking really good. Ride had a lot of elevation changes and long sweeping turns aswell as tight corners too. I was doing about 100-105 all the way just at the peak of my comfort zone. The guys that i were riding with were barraling around these corners between 120-145 could'nt believe it. Am i that BAD of a rider or do they just have one up on me due to experance. They both had 2004 R1's but it should'nt matter on these kind of Runs??? :wtf

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i attribute that to possibly 2 things, differenet tires and bigger balls than you... :mrgreen:

ride safe as long as you make it out on your bike then it should be fun....the biggest lesson i've learned since falling off

·
Registered
786 Posts
Well if its all twisties (where you say the difference between the 6 and The One do not matter) ...... then I suggest taking a closer look at their lines through the curves (provided they won't get you killed riding over double yellows etc) .... a lot of speed can be gained coming outta corners quicker and entering them at such or such speed....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I was doing about 100-105 all the way just at the peak of my comfort zone.
There's your answer. Their comfort zone is different, possibly because of experience, possibly because of stupidity. Stay within your means on the street. Have fun, and stay safe. :cheers

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
most defenitly sounds like comfort zone to me. but dont leave it just to keep up with some other people, youll either total the bike or even worse yourself. another reason could be the lines they are taking and skill level. but more then likely its stupidity :cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
loki1313 said:
most defenitly sounds like comfort zone to me. but dont leave it just to keep up with some other people, youll either total the bike or even worse yourself. another reason could be the lines they are taking and skill level. but more then likely its stupidity :cheers
The lines that they were takin were agressive ive been tought go in at a normal rate then accelate through the corner but how are they going in 20-25 mph faster and then accelerating out of it??? Do they just know what there dooing and i dont?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
loki1313 said:
But will my comfort zone change with time ??? did yours can u take those corners at 125-140? and when doing so does it not cross your mind the WHAT IF ??? u know what i mean thats y i think i cant push myself anyharder with out the right training and time aswell

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RSixxr said:
i attribute that to possibly 2 things, differenet tires and bigger balls than you... :mrgreen:

ride safe as long as you make it out on your bike then it should be fun....the biggest lesson i've learned since falling off

I have gone down as well twice once was a very stupid misake and second another biker hit me i did notice the change in your riding style just cause u realise that u can get hurt but after that im doing 2nd gear wheelies @85mph doing even risker things. What would make doing 125 diffrent. Thats the same amount of risk and accually,same risk just leaving your drive way

·
Registered
443 Posts
Shaw, 125-140 on public twisties is suicide. You'll definetely get better with experience, but be careful bro.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its just down to what you feel comfortable with.I go out all the time with guys on R1's GSXR 1000's Fireblades etc & I can keep up with them most of the time until we get to the straights.Then they pull on me marginally but as soon as we get to the next lot of twisties I'm all over them again.
Ride to your abilities,not anybody elses.You stay alive longer like that!
Have fun!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Its not the bike but the rider. Check out the article in the new Sport Rider about Rossi. That sums it up. Take your time and learn your bike if you follow everyone else then you will hurt yourself. Anyone on this thread will tell you that.

·
Registered
995 Posts
mate don't worry about it. u came back from a enjoyable ride. and survived to tell us about it, maybe u need to ride more to get ur experence level up

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yeah, ride your bike at your pace, not at someone elses. if you feel comfortable picking it up here and there, then do it. i believe thats how you get better. only you know what you can do. just know your limits. eventually you will be with the head of the pack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts