Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
What's the point of this?
Quoting what was mentioned on an earlier page in this post since it was an apt description of the benefit of this mod:

"It softens up the slipper clutch action in both directions. Makes it not so abrupt as you downshift. Also, from what I understand after talking to Thermosman, it softens up the engagement as you get on the gas exiting. It reduces chases input and should make the bike feel more stable with less drastic weight transfer from front to rear. "

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
What's the point of this?
Quoting what was mentioned on an earlier page in this post since it was an apt description of the benefit of this mod:

"It softens up the slipper clutch action in both directions. Makes it not so abrupt as you downshift. Also, from what I understand after talking to Thermosman, it softens up the engagement as you get on the gas exiting. It reduces chases input and should make the bike feel more stable with less drastic weight transfer from front to rear. "
I didn't go back and look, but I think you are quoting me :) Guess I didn't proof read. It reduces CHASIS input. Not "chases". Lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
how long are you riding with this mod? any problems? would you do something different now?
I raced with it all last year and had zero issues. I'm going to put a new clutch in in a few days and will be doing all this work again. I think I may do a washer, full spring, washer, just to get the clutch to spin up with less resistance. But that's still up in the air.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
How much is too much? Do not want to lose the clutch!!
Too much would be no Y-Spring :)

Really though, it all depends on your preference. If you are just running 1 spring with two washers, then you run the risk of breaking the 1 full y-spring and sending shards into your oil pan/other areas of the engine due to the added stress on the 1 spring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am looking to do this mod on my 2018 R6 do you recommend doing the 12mm, 6mm, 0mm again? or would you do it differently if you were to do it again? Im stuck between 12,6,0 or the two washers and 0mm in the middle option.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I am looking to do this mod on my 2018 R6 do you recommend doing the 12mm, 6mm, 0mm again? or would you do it differently if you were to do it again? Im stuck between 12,6,0 or the two washers and 0mm in the middle option.
Are you racing or just street riding? If racing, and you are an experienced racer, I would recommend washer, full y spring, washer. If just street riding, I dont recommend taking the time to do this mod. That being said, if you are dead set on it I reccomend 12, 6, and 0 for clutch longevity.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts