Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After countless hours of research on trying to get the QS indicator to display on the cluster, I have read so many unanswered and surprised fixes on the quick shifter indicator to display. But I dug a bit deeper in the troubleshooting part of the instructions, as to where it states to check continuity in the shifter harness with the black and yellow wire. If you have the shifter held up to check continuity on the gytr plug and get no *beep* instructions states you have a bad switch. But that's not the case, so don't be disappointed. I have followed up the installation instructions to spec of the measurements and yet still nothing. So i decided to take it apart to see the functions of the shifter switch and I tell you what that spring is very tough, you can barely compress the spring by pulling it. After understanding the functions of the shifter i put it back together. i decided to change one thing from the specs. The center adjustment nut on the shift rod needs to be adjusted below 12mm I had mine adjusted to 8mm and checked continuity and wham!!!! I got the *beep*. So I left the other adjustments to the same from the instructions installed the complete shifter back on the bike plugged it up and did the steps and the QS indicator popped up, It was no miracle, it was no surprise it was all in the specs and adjustment of the shifter because the shifter spring pushes the plate to the sensor so tight it does not release off the switch. So you have to adjust the center nut and rod below 12mm as it states i chose 8mm just to be on the safe side but probably will adjust it up to 10mm just to see if it still works. But I am happy with the results after spending 3 to 4 hrs on it once i understood the functions. If you have any questions feel free to message or comment below.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any idea how to turn the QS indicator off? I dont have a QS and have no plans on getting one but after having the bike flashed its on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have all the other adjustments to spec? Because that could also change the adjustment slightly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you wont be able to erase the engine light without the obd2 port connector just fyi best to invest in one and i use the torque app and bluetooth obd2 scanner from amazon

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are my HERO right now.
Thanks a bunch for the info on the GYRT quick shifter. I was about ready to rip my hair out, if I had any, LMAO.

Question. Now that I have it working, if I flip it upside down will I be able to maintain GP shift clutch less now?

I would think and hope so. I have it that way and will test ride it tomorrow. If you don’t know, I’ll let ya know tomorrow if it works.

thanks a bunch again.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
886 Posts
The switch only works when you compress it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeapper. You are 100% correct. Didn’t work at all with GP shift. Right side up, or upside down.
Do you know if there’s a way to have it work with GP shift?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts