Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the world do i make my bike back fire? Today i was crusing with a friend and his shit was able to shoot like a freakign gun it was bad ass can my 2003 Yamaha R6 do this shit? I know he turned off his engine and turned it on and made it backfire but his was a 2000 carb Ninja can my r6 do this? its just so freaking coooool.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i dont think you can b/c your fuel inje. , and he's carb!! alltho it sounds really cool ,and it shoots flames......... i heard it fucks up ur engine (valves)!! dont do it to an r6 ..... let him do it and watch what happens to him!!! lol :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
He's right. You can only do that on a carbed bike. You cut off the ignition, and turn it back on, and the spark ignites the leftover fuel.

I also heard it will blow your valves out but I've never seen any evidence of it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Unless I'm totally off on the concept of a 'backfire', my 6 does it all the time with my Devil OVO h/m. It can't be set up like a carb bike but it still happens. If I take off and give a lot of throttle and then roll off the engine puts out a healthy amount of backfire. Not enough to shoot flames but makes some noise. Or that's just really loud engine sputter.
:flame

r6rw

·
Registered
154 Posts
I "backfire" my 2000 R6 with the killswitch all the time & it has never harmed it.
It sends blue flames out of the end can!It's especially useful to use on a boyracer or "ricer" as I think they're called in the US.Just as you are sat next to them at the lights & they're giving you the "eye" trying to impress you with their botched up car by revving it or turning up their stereo,give them a few blue fireballs in their face & they soon shut up.The loud bangs wont harm their ears as they're already deaf from the sound system in their cars.

You need a bike with carbs to do this! :hehe

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have an 04 R6 with a new BF Can i took out the Baffles and at night when i take it above 8000 Rpms let off the throttle it will shoot a couple blue flames out the end of the can. When my bros ride behind me they say it looks bad ass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slawcio said:
How in the world do i make my bike back fire? . . . its just so freaking coooool.
I've never heard anyone say that it's cool. I'm glad you think so. My bike backfired a lot before I had the carbs synched @ 19,141 miles, especially at the track when coming off of WOT during braking. There's one particular turn where it happens a lot (turn 1, Cal Speedway): whaaaaaaaaaa, errrrrrr, POP!, POP!, screeeeee, whaaaaaaaa.

My bike still backfires a occasionally , but not as much as it did before (not jetted). Gotta ask my buddies if it spits flames (a la FP-1) at night. After reading everyone's posts, I'm mow starting to think that it's pretty cool, too. Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can do it on the new FI R6's too. It happened after I put on my new Micron can. It happend when you would rev up the bike real high (8000+) and it would shoot out a small blue flame. It wasnt really like a back fire though. I think it was just really rich exhaust igniting in the pipe. Isn't backfire when you shoot back through the carb into the air box??

·
Registered
67 Posts
^^ Hes right.. But its not really a backfire.. Its like he said.. Your on the throttle hard, you left off suddenly, it "floods" (for lack of better words) the ports and doesnt ignite and raw fuel exits exhaust side and the heat of the header/pipe ignites it.. It happens on EVERYTHING, but you cant hear it w/ stock exhaust cuz it muffles the sound.. Its just like the cars.. Ever here those ricers when they get off the throttle? Itll pop/kackle because they probaby have a straight through muffler and no resonator..

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Thats exactly what they are doing. The Ignition (spark) is killed when you turn the switch off, but the engine is still loading up with fuel. Then when you hit the switch and restore the spark, BOOM! :flame

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hammy_The_Can_Man said:
Thats exactly what they are doing. The Ignition (spark) is killed when you turn the switch off, but the engine is still loading up with fuel. Then when you hit the switch and restore the spark, BOOM! :flame

:mrgreen: :cheers

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea, guys I'm uploading a video of nothing but backfires by some British dudes from Fast Bikes .... hella entertaining.... you guys have to see it

It'll be on damnnet in a bit, under the Stupid section ... somethinglike 26 mb

·
Registered
302 Posts
Drooder said:
Yea, guys I'm uploading a video of nothing but backfires by some British dudes from Fast Bikes .... hella entertaining.... you guys have to see it

It'll be on damnnet in a bit, under the Stupid section ... somethinglike 26 mb
damnet?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea..... damnnet is run by cdemon on the forums.... place where people can share cool shit.... So since you guys were on the topic of backfiring, I thought I'd share a clip from a large DVD...... its upped to damnnet at

http://damnnet.com/download/2007/
Haha lemme know what you guys think.... the bus stop scene is JOKES.... or the french lady bitching ... as well as the hitting the car part

·
Registered
154 Posts
Drooder said:
That's funny shit man! To see some of the people jump.It reminds me of when I'm on my R6! I nearly laughed my semi-healed collarbone back apart!!!!!!!!!!

:bowroll :hehe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts