Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
so is this bazzaz like a pc3 or was it the self tuning model? I wanna run a full exhaust with a pc3 and wanna do the self tuner what would you guys recommend bazzaz everything or pc3 with a bazzaz auto tuner?

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
so is this bazzaz like a pc3 or was it the self tuning model? I wanna run a full exhaust with a pc3 and wanna do the self tuner what would you guys recommend bazzaz everything or pc3 with a bazzaz auto tuner?
For a self-tuner you need one of these two setups (no mixing and matching).

1) PC 5 and Auto-tune module (with all the rest of your performance junk)

2) Bazzaz unit with separate tuner module (with all the rest of your performance junk).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the info...I will get it figured out :toocool:
Alright!! Got it all wired in!!! The speedo healer works as suggested a few post back. The TPS sensor prongs wasn't as bad as I thought. Unplugged it and away I went. There is blue/black, blue and blue/grey or brown? (pending your room lighting)
Only problem I'm debating is using the power connection I used for the pc3 instead of using the blue/red of the brake? Anyone suggest not too?

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i actually tried the same blue wire that the pc3 ran off of. wasn't enough volts i guess or something b/c it didn't power the unit up until i wired it up to the tail light like the directions said. good luck man.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i actually tried the same blue wire that the pc3 ran off of. wasn't enough volts i guess or something b/c it didn't power the unit up until i wired it up to the tail light like the directions said. good luck man.
Right on man! Looking at the prints, the tail light is the way to go. Directly wired in front off a fuse! The blue wire that the PC3 is hooked up to, runs in line with a couple sensors and the ex up servo and straight back to the ECU.....I like the fuse being in the circuit! Thanks for the input agg!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Got er all done...connected to the software and its reading it. I'm assuming if there were any issues they would have come up by now? All is left is waiting for the snow to melt and then it's time for self mapping :toocool:
Thanks for the write up!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
do it yourself... put the speed calibrater first in line in the system (speedoDRD for me now, speedohealer back when i didn't know better)... and YES solder the power supply to the switched power - code 39 if it ever flickers (learned the hard way).

good luck... it's easy enough. :)

Alright. was only planing on getting the bazzaz, not the auto tune part. The shop that was going to do the install has a dyno and a tuner that is well versed in this software, or just spend the extra 100 bucks and get it? Does the speedoDRD work the same way as the speedohealer?

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Alright. was only planing on getting the bazzaz, not the auto tune part. The shop that was going to do the install has a dyno and a tuner that is well versed in this software, or just spend the extra 100 bucks and get it? Does the speedoDRD work the same way as the speedohealer?
it's worth the price to get your own "onboard dyno" b/c even a great tuner can't fake the ram air. they can adjust for it, but it'll never be DEAD ON. and since i have 8 separate tunes (1 road, 1 track - for each season) that's ~$1.5k worth of tune). that math should speak for itself.

as for the speedoDRD... i've actually sold my healer to put the DRD on, and yea, it works exactly the same. in fact, i think it's easier to install, and easier to set up. plus it's more adjustable. :)

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i just figured i'd bump this, since i actually used it last night while putting my third one on last night. me and astebbs were a little lost with the TPS and the power wire, so this thing helped the author as well. :) start to finish (including new exhaust) was about 3 hours (with "breaks" in there too). guess that's better than 2 days for my first run. :(

one quick tidbit... i found that a simple screw driver from the outside of the frame will reach straight to the "clip" part of the TPS. no fighting it... took me all of 5 seconds this time around. :D

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
i'll be updating this thread with pics and "editorials" for the QS install as well, that i'm doing later today. i'll add it to the OP. :)

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
installed bazzaz today and this write up really helped. although op should mention you need to remove airbox to find TPS, for the guys that don't know where to find it. which would be me ha.

but now that i have it installed, what do i do now? do i go on a ride so that the module saves my current map and then plug it into the comp to see what it says? and can i just take the module out and bring it inside or do i need it connected to my bike with my bike on to read the map i have??

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
did you install the Zfi AND afm? or just the zfi? without the afm add-on module, you can't tune it yourself.

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
so because my bike was running weird i saved the map that was on it which was the stock map i guess, but then i pressed the "smooth" button. and now it's really torquy and has a shit ton of low end.

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
i'll prolly have mine on sale in a few weeks, and it'll be a good price.....:secretif you still want it.
hmmm. well keep me in mind. i might be interested. and will it work on an 06?

41 - 60 of 288 Posts