Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a pair of Icon Merc Gloves:

Since they're leather, they're still really stiff. And that does not translate to good riding. What's the best way to loosen them up? I've heard soaking in hot water, but I don't know for sure what I can do. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
394 Posts
U just gotta wear them. That's how my Alpinestars SP-1 gloves were. They fit awesome now!

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
just wear them around the house til they get soft enough for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
for my gloves i soaked them in boiling water. and then i used sockets and slid them into the fingers wrapped the gloves around onto themselves with the sockets still in the fingers. let them dry and for me it worked perfect. i still had to wear them a few times to get them to the exact fit but it was way more comfortable.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got them for $60 at a local bike shop (Cycle Riders USA). I know Mike and Michelle (the owners); and I know everyone says the same thing about their local shops, but they're the best people I've ever shopped with.

·
Registered
160 Posts
why not just use both hands.

·
Registered
332 Posts
get a bottle of Lexol leather conditioner and preservative. I put the gloves on and spray the crap out of them with Lexol. The heat from your hands help soak the leather and they break in nicely.

gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts