Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why my center light between the headlights doesn't turn on. All other lights a functional but I've seen on other new R6 with a light where you have the Yamaha logo. This looks stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you have to take the windshield off to get access from the back. its 194/168 bulb. just replace with a LED bulb in your choice of color. i did white on mine to match the HIDs ill be putting in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have to take the windshield off to get access from the back. its 194/168 bulb. just replace with a LED bulb in your choice of color. i did white on mine to match the HIDs ill be putting in.
I've seen this called "third eyelight" or etc, but is this a stock thing? Is the wiring and socket already there for e to just switch the bulb - if so is possible that the original buld just blew or a fuse blew?

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Yep thats my bike. I had to take the entire front assy off. Then remove the plastics from the headlight assy. Then you will expose the 4 screws that attach the center plastic piece to the main body assy. (see below)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep thats my bike. I had to take the entire front assy off. Then remove the plastics from the headlight assy. Then you will expose the 4 screws that attach the center plastic piece to the main body assy. (see below)

nice.. did you use a single blue l.e.d.? or bulb? What other mods u got on ur R6. Not much out there for our bike yet.. I just finished modding the pass pegs with 10 l.e.d.s as signals.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
We are working on the third eye for the knight rider. My third eye has dual knight riders. One is blue and the other is white. The white or blue can be all solid as well. Will hopefully have time to get this wired up this weekend to show pictures/video. The led's are very bright and complement the HID's. We will be selling these very shortly. T

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the australian model we are lucky enough to already have the light. I am trying to change it to a blue LED and have got to the assy that holds the globe but it appears to be sealed and there is no way to get the globe out. Do you have to split the assy and if you do, how do you re-fix it?

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
That little light is retarded and pointless. It serves no purpose. Just leave it burnt out.
First off WTF do you mean "Just leave it burnt out" did you even graduate high school? Second, for you to not like that mod you must lack the technical ability to do it yourself. Every person who has seen it loves it and i get hit up all the time about how to do it and that it looks custom as hell. Third, dont be mad that you dont have a center light on your bike.

So stop sippin your haterrade and keep your 2nd grade grammer filled comments to yourself.

:moon:moon:moon:moon

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Wow T...that is awsome now im uber jelious. Do you do your own chip work too? I didnt take the plastic off of the assy i just drilled a hole and did some dremel work. i bow to thee :bow:bow

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
We are working on the third eye for the knight rider. My third eye has dual knight riders. One is blue and the other is white. The white or blue can be all solid as well. Will hopefully have time to get this wired up this weekend to show pictures/video. The led's are very bright and complement the HID's. We will be selling these very shortly. T
You're gonna create something for the 08's?

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
We are getting as much info as we can on the center light and are starting to order lens. We know you won't want any downtime while your mod is being done. Looks like we will have 1 led install, 2 led install (Dual color) Three led install for the brightest look and the knight rider third eye with all of our other options. Here is what we have done to the 600rr and 1000rr. Will post up when everything is ready to go and for sale. Thanks. T

Couple of different options.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubQigeT_Ct8.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGn_0GDO7Kw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2THa_0NnzI&feature=related

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.